Anyone ride ATVs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    Always looked like a lot of fun. I was thinking about getting a used 250cc-400cc ATV to start out with. For everyone in NOLA, where do you all ride? I live in Metairie and it doesnt seem like there would be any place to ride locally. I wanted a sporty model like Honda TRX or Yamaha raptor although the gf will be with me sometimes so it needs to fit two people. It will be for all play and no work. Thanks for the input.

Justin

Last edited:

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?60657-Tower-Trax-on-6-25

I would highly recommend a Honda Rancher 420. They are tough, small and nimble enough for some people to consider them "sporty", and are large enough to carry 2 people. Most of the sport type quads are not passenger friendly (even though 99% of all ATV's are designed for 1 rider only), as there is no rear rack for them to grab onto, and there is not much fender room to keep feet/legs from hitting the rear tires, and the seats are pretty small. There are a few "sport/utility" quads that are 4WD, such as the yamaha wolverine.

As for places to ride, the place I mention in the thread I linked to is about 30-40 minutes north of hammond, and there is 2600 acres to ride on. We used to (many years ago) ride in the Bonnet Carre spillway around Norco/LaPlace, but I'm not sure if you still can ride there (even when the water resides).

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I can probably get youba good deal on a 2001 Honda foreman that is one of many being sold due to a death in the family. Shoot me a email if you are interested

yamaha0343

Glock > XD
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a Raptor 660 I'm looking to get rid of. Just don't have time for it. PM me if you're interested and I can send pics and specs.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    I'll second the Rancher 420. Mine has been a wonderful bike and very easy to ride two-up. My wife has a little Recon, but sometimes she rides with me on my Rancher.

This is what mine looked like new;
    Fourtrax_Rancher_4X4_ES_Olive.jpg

And this is what it looks like now;

IMG_1034.jpg

And the little lady's bike new;

FourTrax_Recon_ES.jpg

And her's now;

IMG_1088.jpg

They are a ton of fun.....GIT-U-1 !

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    Once you get the hang of ridin', and if you like the mud, a Polaris 500 Sportsman is a also great bike in many ways. My son has one, and as long as he comes with us Honda guys, we can go in any hole we want to. If we get stuck, the Polaris will always pull us out. It's a horse. But I still like my Honda better.

IMG_1950.jpg

Shwane

Motivator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Youngsville, LA
    I would highly recommend a Honda Rancher 420.

+1. I have this bike and I love it. It's pretty quick too with the fuel injection and I can still ride 2 ppl. I wish there was somewhere close to Lafayette to ride.

Top Bottom