Anyone seen PMAGS at Academy lately?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mguidry629

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Denham Springs / Walker
    Well I've seen that Academy's all over the US are getting steady shipments of PMAGs and limiting to 1 per person per day, which keeps them in stock longer than 5 minutes, usually about 3-5 days. That PMAG backorder story was a "rumor", but it's probably somewhat accurate. I know a lot of vendors are trying to get their hands on them so they can charge $40/ea while the panic is still in place.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    You know what I hope for... This mass hysteria to cause many vendors and manufacturers to over produce and when then SCARE is over with; I will pay a very standard price (a possibly low one) since they will be over stocked (:

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    The one in Houma was out Saturday night. Also out of glock mags and there was no AR's and glocks on display.

Guy said they get random shipments of magazines.

I'm going to wait it out.

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    i bought a pmag with sight glass yesterday at academy here in lafayette 17.99 :)....bare with them they are coming it is just people are buying them as fast as they are stocking, pmags for ar's and ak's are behind the counters now since they are limited to one per person here in lafayette

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    i bought a pmag with sight glass yesterday at academy here in lafayette 17.99 :)....bare with them they are coming it is just people are buying them as fast as they are stocking, pmags for ar's and ak's are behind the counters now since they are limited to one per person here in lafayette

Makes me wish I had friends that live around me without ARs... :(

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    You have to pretty much call everyday after 12 once they done unloading trucks and getting inventory put out, also im hearing after the shot show the market is gonna get flooded with alot of ar-15 stuff thst is new and coming out this year

luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    I found out today that Academy is also limiting handgun purchases with a seven day waiting period between purchases.

I knew they were limiting ammunition to one box of each caliber with a 3 box total limit per day, but today was the first I heard of limiting gun purchases.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Makes me wish I had friends that live around me without ARs... :(

Funny....when academy in LFT had some.....I trolled around the store for a bit and found a nice young lady with a kid in tow......all three of us went to the gun counter and I purchased a mag for every member of my family.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    The salesman on airline laughed at me last night when I asked about Mags and 223 / 5.56 ammo last night .

That's because him and his buddies bought it all before it hit the shelves and marked it up on Faecbook.

Funny....when academy in LFT had some.....I trolled around the store for a bit and found a nice young lady with a kid in tow......all three of us went to the gun counter and I purchased a mag for every member of my family.

You sir, are a genious!

LSUSMC

Segreant
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    You have to pretty much call everyday after 12 once they done unloading trucks and getting inventory put out, also im hearing after the shot show the market is gonna get flooded with alot of ar-15 stuff thst is new and coming out this year

There was not really any new stuff at Shot. Most manufacturers/distributors are to inundated with dealers who placed stupid orders (I'm talking 10 million+ orders for FFL's that usually do 500k-1 mill. annually) to really flood the market. The general consensus it that it will take between 8 months and a year to even begin to recover.

hkennc

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Gonzales
    Couldn't believe it... Did a Yahoo search for 'PMAGS IN STOCK' and this place pops up... http://www.pmagwarehouse.com/ Gen2's at $50 apiece. And I figured, 'That's as much as CTD... but at least they have them in stock'. So I went to CTD and, surprise! They have them too! FOR $100 APIECE. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-074
    They're 'awesome'. They keep coming up with better ways to reinforce my need to boycott. Forever...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom