Anyone take the CCP class at Bass Pro in Denham Springs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Has anyone taken their concealed carry permit class at Bass Pro in Denham Springs? If so, how was it? I am thinking about getting my permit and I live a few miles away from Bass Pro so I am considering taking the class there.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    While I've never taken any of the classes Gordan Hutchenson has taught I have met him as well as read lots of his articles and stuff. I've heard nothing but good things about his classes.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I took Gordon's class at Bass Pro back in 08. It was excellent, he's extremely helpful, and has always been extremely easy to contact, and quick to respond. The class was only $90 and they notarize your documents for you, which is included in the price. I highly recommend his class, as well as his books.

ETA: I'll be attending his class again on August 4th for my renewal....

Hankjr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I took Gordon's class in early April at bass pro. It was a good class. Only problem is the time it took to get everyone through the shooting portion as it was a large class, close to 30 students by the time the renewals came in. Other than that, it was well worth it.

RobertG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Tangipahoa Parish
    I was in Mr. Hutchinson’s March class at BassPro. Although this is the only concealed class I have attended in Louisiana and therefore I don’t have anything to compare it to, I have recommended it to several of my friends. Both of the instructors were friendly and attentive. They were very patient with all the students including the ones that seemed to have never fired a gun before. As mentioned by Hankjr the shooting portion took a long time. But that is to be expected when you only have four shooting lanes with thirty people of various skill levels to get through it.

The bottom line is that I felt I got my money’s worth.

In case you haven’t seen it, here is a link to Mr. Hutchinson’s web site:
    http://www.gordonhutchinson.com/gordonhutchinson/Home.html

Robert

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Just curious, how long is the one day class at Bass Pro? A friend often recently took the class at Cabelas and it lasted from 8 am to noon.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Yep my wife and myself took it with Gordan. Had a great time and learned a good bit. It didn't hurt that we had 3 other guys from where I work convinced to go also. Wish I could have gotten a group discount.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    I took Gordon's class at Bass Pro back in 08... class was only $90 and they notarize your documents...

I just took it at BP May 5th, still $90, notarizing the (3) docs still included in the price. Good course, really interesting with lots of real-world cases and discussion. Well worth the money! Someone else asked about how long the program is -- we (clsss of 30) started at ~9 AM, finished ~3 PM. Haven't read any of Gordon's books, but the class is highly recommended.

Top Bottom