Anyone use fiber optic sights?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I was thinking about putting a set of fiber optic sights on my Kimber 1911 Stainless II. I like the Williams fiber optic sights that came on my Ruger Single 10 but I pulled it out of my range bag one day and the front sight tube was gone. Ruger sent me a new front sight and I'm back in business. But I only shot the Single 10 2 or thee times before the tube went missing.

Does anyone have a Williams or Hiviz set of sights on a pistol and is so did you have an issue with sights falling out?

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I have the stock set on a Springfield XDs. Never an issue with the rod falling out.
    The ends should be melted slightly to retain the rod.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have the hiviz on my g19. About 300 rounds through it since (only been a few weeks) still there, the the sight is nice and big and easy to pick up. I have it with a factory glock rear sight. I also have a Dawson fiber optic front with adjustable rear. It's smaller and harder to pick up. But it guess that's better for accuracy, with such a small dot

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Love the one on my WC Stealth. After taking GF1 with Vanilla gorilla, I noticed it was a little 'dim'.. $1.50 from WC for a replacement. I think the above mentioned Dawson sells it by the foot. Will go with them if I need to replace or want to try a different color.

Top Bottom