Anyone with experience with these 2 IWB holsters?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I bought mine from Top Gun Supply. It arrived in about two days.

With that said... Right after I made the above post I found a good deal on a brand new Milt Sparks VMII holster for my P7 and bought it. Been wanting to try out what's supposed to be one of the best leather holsters on the market and I finally happen to find one today.

http://www.miltsparks.com/VM-2.htm

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    I bought mine from Top Gun Supply. It arrived in about two days.

With that said... Right after I made the above post I found a good deal on a brand new Milt Sparks VMII holster for my P7 and bought it. Been wanting to try out what's supposed to be one of the best leather holsters on the market and I finally happen to find one today.

http://www.miltsparks.com/VM-2.htm

Aroundlsu, its been a few months now, how you liking that holster? I am still searching for an IWB holster. Problem is I dont want some cheap piece of ****, but on other hand I dont want to spend $50 to $100 on a holster that I dont care for and I really dont have a way to try any out.

So I been sniffing around the message boards getting peoples opinions. :D

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    I've got a Comp-Tac Gurka and I like it.

gurkha_holster_autoloader.jpg

Got it from here.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    I pack my P220 in a High Noon leather IWB holster. It's tuckable, which is great if you have to carry with dress clothes or the like.

In addition, they are very reasonably priced.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have a "hybrid". I think it's better to have leather against my butt rather than the plastic, but the plastic top doesn't smoosh down when I pull the gun out and I can easily get it back in.

mrwiggins

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2006
    East of Hammond
    i like kydex, but i'm more of a leather fan

one thing i'll agree with you on is i like leather better. i use kydex at times when i'l likely to get wet, like when i'm checking minow traps etc. another thing i agree with in your thread is i think it's nut that people will blow 500$ to 1000$ on a gun, then they don't want to spend over 50$ on a good holster, they are satisified with those 10$ nylon rigs.:confused:

for ccw, i had a galco sob leather holster for my g23 i liked, gave it away with the 23, it was much better than a kydex hybrid i had for my combat commander

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    The Sparks VM II and the TTGunleather clone of it have a metal band double-welted/stitched into the holster mouth. Serves the same purpose.

Several other quality leather IWB rigs, such as the Sparks Summer Special, Kramer's offering, etc., have this feature. As noted, it is a very important feature on an IWB holster.

:cool:

I'm going to take a hard look at the TT. I also want to take a look at a holster Gomez recommended. Maybe I'll order them both after this whole mag & ammo craze dies out. :rofl:

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    vmII is hands down the best IWB holster if you don't mind a 4+ months wait. Sometimes i almost forget im wearing my gun. It also works very good as a tuckable holster if you get the kydex clips.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I use the Galco Skyops IWB.
    picture.php

Extremely comfortable,very secure and sturdy,my P2kSK literally disappears, royal f'n bitch to reholster one handed. But I figger, if it comes out, it'll be wayy too hot to reholster for a bit.;)
    Still looking for the "perfect" holster.....

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    I have Sidearmor IWBs for everything I own and one Milt Sparks VM II. Kydex is quick and impervious to sweat/weather. Great leather designs like the VM are comfortable, conform better while sacrificing a little on draw speed. YMMV.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom