Apartments in Lafayette?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I just picked up a new job and I've been trying to find a place in Lafayette for the past month, but every place I check out is either a total POS, cats/kittens everywhere, or you're immediately greeted with an "herbal" stench...

Where would one search for an affordable place in Lafayette to stay? I've asked all of my friends to see if they have/know anyone with a spare room available - obviously all of the new freshmen students wiped out most of the places. I don't need anything fancy, just a bed and shower - and refuse to spend $700/month on some ridiculously tiny apartment, just on principle.

Helpful advice? Anyone need a roommate?

-Dave

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Stayed in Summerplace over on Eraste for a while - it was pretty good bang/buck and not too bad. IIRC their 1bd/1ba was under $600

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Stayed in Summerplace over on Eraste for a while - it was pretty good bang/buck and not too bad. IIRC their 1bd/1ba was under $600

Everywhere I've seen was $700+, which is more than what my girlfriend's house note is!!

Seriously, I wish I could just rent a couch from someone. Haha. I'm rarely home as it is.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    when I first moved to louisiana I was in the same dilemma- I could buy a decent place cheaper than renting one.

Ended up renting an old lady's guest house for a few months, $400 a month and helped her with yard duties etc. She always kept me well fed too. Look into people with rooms for rent in the want-ads. Sometimes its a nice guest house they just want some extra income and conversation for.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    when I first moved to louisiana I was in the same dilemma- I could buy a decent place cheaper than renting one.

Ended up renting an old lady's guest house for a few months, $400 a month and helped her with yard duties etc. She always kept me well fed too. Look into people with rooms for rent in the want-ads. Sometimes its a nice guest house they just want some extra income and conversation for.

Other than Craigslist, what classifieds did you use? I don't know what papers are "big" over here. I'm really hoping to find something within the next week or two.

Neil - I'm going to be doing most of my business out of Lafayette, so I don't really want to get very far out of the city. Traffic sucks enough as it is.

-Dave

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    quick quarter- free and popular.

I paid much less by willing to rent out of the city. maybe duson, scott, or rayne area for you? 10-15 minutes on i-10 might be worth a couple hundred bucks a month. good luck

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    I live at Pinhook South apartments on the south side. Far from the nicest apartments but they work for me, relatively cheap and the units are a good size. If you're interested at all please let me know as I get a cash reward for friend referrals.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    quick quarter- free and popular.

I paid much less by willing to rent out of the city. maybe duson, scott, or rayne area for you? 10-15 minutes on i-10 might be worth a couple hundred bucks a month. good luck

This. I looked into moving into Lafayette couple years ago. Not happening (don't plan on working anywheres based IN Lafayette). I saved a good bit by renting in Broussard. Good luck.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    qqclassifieds.com

Screw an apartment. They have so many trailers and houses for rent for less than apartments around Lafayette that it's not even funny. I would rent in the unincorporated areas like previously suggested. Cheaper and quieter.

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    Back when I lived there I rented at south point over at verot school rd and pinhook. It sucked, unless you like drugs and loud music at all hours of the night, then you might like it.

Just south of verot right off pinhook is board rd which turns into fox run. There's all kinds of town houses back there for rent. After 6 month lease at south point was up I moved there. Was paying $800 month for a 2br that was pretty large and had just been remodeled back in 2009. It's a bit trashy looking, but it's a bunch of rentals. It was always real quiet and never had any problems back there. Lived there a year before buying a house in Breaux Bridge.

If I had to move back I'd go out towards Breaux Bridge or Parks. You can be in Broussard or Lafayette pretty quick even in morning traffic (think it took my wife 15-20 mins to get from BB to SLCC) and it's cheaper, quieter, cleaner, less ******** in general...

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Back when I lived there I rented at south point over at verot school rd and pinhook. It sucked, unless you like drugs and loud music at all hours of the night, then you might like it.

I just found a crappy apartment right over there for dirt cheap - $375 all utilities included. I figure all I need to do is look like my avatar and I'll fit right in...

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Are you going to be working offshore or out of town a lot?

Unfortunately I'm doing sales IN lafayette - so I need to be in the middle of the ish to save time commuting.

I'm moving with exactly one ruck sack full of clothes. The only stealables I've got are a laptop, and it's always with me.

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    Unfortunately I've got to disagree with Armed Mage, unless it's changed in 2 years. My wife and I lived at Pinhook South apartments, and broke the lease after 6 months. Nothing but trash, at least in the section we were in at the time. Could be different now though.

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Unfortunately I've got to disagree with Armed Mage, unless it's changed in 2 years. My wife and I lived at Pinhook South apartments, and broke the lease after 6 months. Nothing but trash, at least in the section we were in at the time. Could be different now though.

No I agree that the apartments as a whole are kind of trashy (being right next to Gloria's Lounge certainly doesn't help). Though luckily I'm in a more secluded part of the complex and haven't had any problems from the other residents yet.

I only moved into these apartments because I had to move down here for a job from Kansas on short notice and this was the first affordable place I could find on the internet relatively close to my work. I signed a 6-month lease since I was less than impressed when I first moved in, and may try to find a better place once my lease is up. I work at a place right by the Acadiana regional airport, so something cheap but not trashy close to there would be nice.

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    No I agree that the apartments as a whole are kind of trashy (being right next to Gloria's Lounge certainly doesn't help). Though luckily I'm in a more secluded part of the complex and haven't had any problems from the other residents yet.

I only moved into these apartments because I had to move down here for a job from Kansas on short notice and this was the first affordable place I could find on the internet relatively close to my work. I signed a 6-month lease since I was less than impressed when I first moved in, and may try to find a better place once my lease is up. I work at a place right by the Acadiana regional airport, so something cheap but not trashy close to there would be nice.
    Glad I didn't cause any offense. Unfortunately I don't anything about anywhere else on that side of town. We've lived in Milton ever since we moved out of Pinhook South, so I only really know this side of Lafayette.

Top Bottom