Apple Cider Vinegar

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    i have seen several of you talking about apple cider vinegar. i bought some to lower my blood pressure. i took a swig :eek3: but if it works i can put up with it.

how many swigs a day? and can i cut it with some water????

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Most of the people I know put about 2 tablespoons into an 8oz glass of water. Some of them also add a small amount of honey to help the flavor...It's really not that bad without the honey, though....

I'm guessing you'll get a lot of different answers on this, though.....

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I use it when I make BBQ sauce and I can't imagine ever drinking it straight.

Me neither.:eek3:

I don't know how true this is, honestly- but I was told drinking it straight is hell on your tooth enamel.....By the taste of it full-strength, I believe it.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Depends. I suspect there may be marginal attributes to it. It may work but personally I think if it did as much as purported, there would be a bigger following. I do think that if you have a clinical condition it would be grossly negligent to take medication irresponsibly or inconsistently simply because you are drinking vinegar.

Red wine is supposed to help certain heart conditions. And some doctors even suggest a glass every night but not to excess or exclusivity of medication. Bottom line, eating healthy can and often does work. Apple cider vinegar may help. Talk to your doctor about it. Visit a certified, degreed nutritionist.

Last edited:

Alpo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Redneck Riviera
    I put a jigger-full (what's that, 1 1/2 ounces?) in a 10-ounce glass of apple juice. Dilutes it enough that it just gives the juice a little "whang".

Why would taking it straight make it better than diluting it? Unless my stomach is completely empty, it's gonna be diluted as soon as it gets down there.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    When I get stiff body parts I always soak it in cider. :naughty:

HUM??? Intresting Idea however; I have a different approach to helping ease stiff body parts!!

4d1aa60718ccf.jpg
    [/IMG]

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I can say that when I was in Central America had kidney stones and no doctors within driving distance.One of the locals that was working the Pipeline with us told me that I should drink some vinegar to soften the stone. I'm not sure if it made it softer but it sure made it easier to pass it.

Cajun_arShooter

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Metairie, SeLa
    I can say that when I was in Central America had kidney stones and no doctors within driving distance.One of the locals that was working the Pipeline with us told me that I should drink some vinegar to soften the stone. I'm not sure if it made it softer but it sure made it easier to pass it.

Ouch! Percocet seems like a better approach:eek3:

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    the apple cider vinegar isn't helping. my blood pressure still averages 150/90 to 160/100 with 3 bp meds twice a day. sometimes its almost normal but thats rare.

im waiting on a call from my doctor for new or additional meds but i wonder if i should ask for nerve pills? my cousin and aunt takes them. seems like i get nervous, upset, mad over almost nothing. i need to chill out but don't know how.

what i want to know before i ask, would taking nerve pills be considered a mental illness? i have a feeling they gonna try and pass gun laws banning people from buying firearms or ccw for any kind of mental illness history.

Haramdar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    rustyduck are you drinking enough water everyday and eating lots of fruit and veggies? that'd be an awesome start for your BP, and as far as apple cider vinegar goes, it has got to be unfiltered, raw organic and you can do a tablespoon in 8 oz of water with a squeeze of honey twice a day.

Top Bottom