AR-15 Common Failures

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUFoolsball69

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Slidell
    I have shot over 5k rounds of steel through my DPMS AR and I will just say just clean it really good and lube alttle before you go shoot and you won't have no trouble at all.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    If I were competing at a high level I'd come with spare parts for my weapons. But if a weapon fails during a defensive situation... you're screwed.

Dave

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    with the exception of the bolt carrier and charging handle, pretty much any other failure will require tools. Have a quality gun in a good state of readiness, along with plans B, C, and D at the minimum

ETA: Pretty much if ANY firearm experiences such a major failure that it is completely **** up after normal malfunction clearances are attempted, it will require thorough disassembly and probably tools to fix.

Last edited:

dukeryder

RedRyder Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2007
    New Orleans
    If there's ever a SHTF situation where a Civy will be allowed to patrol the streets with an AR you better have a real good AR and carry a side arm. During Katrina the Guard/Reserves disarmed the citizens (law abiding) of New Orleans that stayed behind (the Homies in the projects shooting at the Helos with AKs were more than disarmed).

Like a Glock 17 with 32 Round Magazine if You're already carrying around an AR no need for Concealability
    11.jpg

missingAZ

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Morgan City
    dukeryder is onto something. IMO, the worst mistake you could make in a shtf scenario is to walk outside with an AR and fighting load. You will be shot dead. You would have to make it past cali., mass., New Jersey, etc. cops that came to "help out" and other armed citizens who have no idea what the hell you are doing.

Top Bottom