AR Barrel hunt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x1eric

UNSC Spartan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, LA
    First AR build and I'm on the upper, but having a some problems really finding what I'm looking for. Maybe you guys could offer some suggestions or companies im not aware of.
    I plan on using a YHM 12" free float gaurd still not sure which model either diamond or lightweight with a low-pro gas block. I need a barrel with the M4 extension b/c most of the recievers im looking at have the M4 feed ramps, its down to a Spikes, YHM, BCM, or Vltor MUR1 just b/c it looks badass.

Here's what im looking for
    16" barrel
    Mid length Gas system
    M4 extension
    lightweight or a standard profile, just not a heavy barrel
    twist rate doesnt really bother me
    Id like to stay under $300 for a stripped barrel.

I have found only a few companies that have a 16" midlength gas system, everything is a carbine gas length.
    I have email stock alerts for BCM,Daniel Defense, and a few others. I really dont want to sit around with an incomplete rifle for months waiting on a barrel.

So fire away guys.
    Thanks!

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Stay with either a BCM or DD Barrel. Check some other sites for those barrels instead of direct. Its really hard to find barrels in LW 14.5-16" these days.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Yep, what goteron said. Looks like you're on the right track.

Sucks to have to wait around on stock, I know. But if you want quality and the specifics you've laid out, it's part of the "game".

Not sure about DD, but BCM has been excellent in the past of giving you "estimated stocking times" when you call in. And they were accurate, too. It never hurts to call, if you're OCD like me.

Top Bottom