AR Kit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Ya'll are making me so jealous because I cant order mine until I get home from Iraq. My dadgum finger is itching so bad. I have a pocket full of money and cant order anything.... ARGH!! I will be so busy when I get home hunting down an FFL that will receive all the guns that I am ordering and close to the house.

Why not?

Ether have parts sent to friends/family...

Or see if a FFL here will hook you up.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Why not?

Ether have parts sent to friends/family...

Or see if a FFL here will hook you up.
    I have talked to an FFL in my area that is also a member of this site but he will not hold the guns for more than three days. I could send the upper to my In-Laws house but that would raise questions with the wifey and I cant have that. Besides, I dont want it sitting there for 4 months collecting dust.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I have talked to an FFL in my area that is also a member of this site but he will not hold the guns for more than three days. I could send the upper to my In-Laws house but that would raise questions with the wifey and I cant have that. Besides, I dont want it sitting there for 4 months collecting dust.

Your wife sux:p

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Alright, I have scanned the pages from two mags with great articles about the Del-Ton. If anyone wants them I can email them to you. I have tried to upload them to Image Hosting but I think it is blocked by my company.

Just let me know your email either here or through a PM and I will email them to you.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Chrome molly, in my experience, is usually used to refer to steel with a lower percentage of chrome / molly than stainless steel.

Stainless steel has to have 11%+ chromium. There is generally a 1:10 molybdenum / chromium ratio in both chrome / molly steel and stainless steel.

So, if it is chrome line it will have a layer of steel with a higher percentage of chrome (which makes it shiny opposed to a dull gray). The chrome is to make it more corrosion resistant, and the molly strengthens it.

Huh?????

A Chrome moly barrel is made of chrome moly steel, usually 4140 or 4130. It is good steel and wears fine. A Chrome Lined barrel is a chrome moly barrel,(you dont think they use a different steel for that do you?) has a chrome plating in it for CORROSION RESISTANCE. IMHO, unless you are fighting in a jungle with corrosive ammo and dont clean your gun, you dont need a chrome barrel.

Del Ton kits are good to go. I had one, and assembled two more for other people. Did not have any issues.

saxmanson

Hardly Newbie
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 3, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I agree, the Del-Ton complete rifle kits are a fantastic package using all quality parts -- all you need is the stripped lower and a magazine -- just too bad they don't offer products for those of us who prefer the 7.62NATO caliber in our AR-style rifles!

saxmanson

Hardly Newbie
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 3, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Hey, for that price the wait will be worth it!
    Back in July I ordered my Del-Ton complete rifle kit on a Saturday evening (online) and it was delivered only five days later, then again I asked for the basic kit without any options/extras selected.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    FYI these uppers/kits won't ship until after Christmas.

I just called them up because the pending charge disappeared from my checking account so I wondered if the order was cancelled. They said they were just temporarily charging the account to verify it was active and then reversed the charge.

She said they received so many orders that they wouldn't be able to get them all built until well after Christmas and the checking account would be charged (for real this time) when they were actually building my upper.

So just a heads up. We got a long wait on these :(

I didn't order till mid day Sat... and they charged my account.

dmurph

Serious as dick cancer!
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Huntsville, TX
    same here, i ordered 2 kits on saturday at 1:00pm, called today and she said they were processing them in the order recieved. she also said they were still on the orders placed at 9:00am friday morning. to me this all means that my kits wont be to me until after christmas, bummer!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom