AR Lower build want a good trigger

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welco425

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I about to start my second lower build. This time I want a very good trigger. I will use it for target shooting and hogs. I have no plans shooting 3 Gun but one never knows. These are the three I am looking at

RRA lower parts kit with the two stage trigger
    I have shot a RRA with the two stage trigger and it was good

Palmetto State Armory LPK-G with the Geissele SSA
    Have not tried this trigger

Palmetto State Armory LPK-E with the Geissele SSA-E
    Have not tried this trigger and do not know the difference is the SSA and the SSA-E

If you have any suggestions on which I should buy or others I should look please let me know. I will be adding an Ambi safety.

Thanks

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    I had a timiny drop in while in Iraq. It was 100x better than the stock colt m4 trigger. Of course I lots burst, but not many people in my unit used burst anyways. I wish I would have brought it home but I traded it to another go over there when I left.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Geissele SSA gets my vote. I love them. Go to their website and they have a great explanation of all the triggers.
    http://geissele.com/pdfs/TriggerSummarySheet.pdf

RRA works fine if you don't mind it breaking in a few thousand rounds.

+1

The SSA is as rugged as it is nice. The RRA trigger is very decent out of the box, but can be prone to breakage. White Oak Armament offers a tuning service that makes it a VERY nice trigger, and is supposed to fix the breakage issue. At one point I had ARs with both and I probably couldn't have been able to tell the difference blindfolded. Figure in $40 for the RRA tuning and see which comes out cheaper.

That's assuming the trigger could be used "in anger" where reliability is a primary concern. If it truly will be a target/hog rifle then one of the adjustable Timney, etc triggers may be the better choice.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Sorry to hijack but what in yalls opinion is a good reliable single stage trigger? One that won't break in a couple thousand rounds that is :D

welco425

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I looked at the White Oak Site and did not see info on the tuning service. I may call them next week. Is the SSA triger good to go or does it need tweeking?
    Thanks

+1

The SSA is as rugged as it is nice. The RRA trigger is very decent out of the box, but can be prone to breakage. White Oak Armament offers a tuning service that makes it a VERY nice trigger, and is supposed to fix the breakage issue. At one point I had ARs with both and I probably couldn't have been able to tell the difference blindfolded. Figure in $40 for the RRA tuning and see which comes out cheaper.

That's assuming the trigger could be used "in anger" where reliability is a primary concern. If it truly will be a target/hog rifle then one of the adjustable Timney, etc triggers may be the better choice.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I looked at the White Oak Site and did not see info on the tuning service. I may call them next week. Is the SSA triger good to go or does it need tweeking?
    Thanks

The SSA is good to go out of the box, and becomes even better after a few hundred rounds.

Give WOA a call or email, when I had mine done they didn't have it listed on the site. IIRC, it was $35.

welco425

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For my first build I used a RRA LPK single stage. I got it from Louque's Firearms, LLC (site spounsor). I have only shot it around 300 times and it is a much lighter and smoother trigger than the one that came with my M&P AR. As good as it is I want more of a target trigger on my new build

Sorry to hijack but what in yalls opinion is a good reliable single stage trigger? One that won't break in a couple thousand rounds that is :D

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    I have the RRA two stage with the JP lightened springs. It is fine for a target trigger but I like a single stage better for competition. When I get in the bang button, I want a bang!

I have tried the JP adjustable and it was sweet.

I would like to try the Geissele 3 gun trigger too though.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Several years back I installed a RRA two-stage that was tuned by John Holliger. Improved a thousand-fold over the Bushmaster factory trigger. Was $115.00 total at the time. I have no experience with others.

welco425

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What is the difference the SSA-E and the SSA? I been looking at Lower parts kits from Palmetto, one uses the SSA and the other SSA-E. There is not that much difference in cost

My Geissele SSA-E exceeded my expectations for a target trigger. I just ordered the SSA for my new hunting rig.

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    What is the difference the SSA-E and the SSA? I been looking at Lower parts kits from Palmetto, one uses the SSA and the other SSA-E. There is not that much difference in cost

the 'E' has a lighter second stage, so lighter total trigger pull.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom