AR Opinions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    After assembling my first AR, I got the itch to do a complete build. (I bought a lower with the LPK already installed, and a complete upper. no brainer)

Anyway, I was wanting to do a complete build, then got to thinking IMO it would be cool for me, and both the boys to have consecutive SN, identical ARs. So Im contemplating ordering a few lowers, and either rifle kits, (Ill take em down and put em back together if I have to) or all the parts individually and build me, and both my boys a keepsake item.

Anyway, Im looking for opinions as to where to order everything from.

I was thinking EA cause theyre local, but my boys live in TN now, so that isnt really a big deal. I was thinking EA with a Del-Ton ridle kit (bout $600 per gun best I can figure) or all EA with ?????? barrel. Whats yalls opinions? Other places to order from etc. Im thinking IF I decide for sure to do this, Ill get the lowers, then when theyre here for the summer let them decide what style they want (A2, Flat top) then order the parts, and when the boys are back for Christmas, assemble them as a father son type thing

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    if you order 3 lowers from EA, you can/will get consecutive serial numbers. Barrels are kind hard to find right now, so I would suggest just getting the 3 lowers, and placing an order for 3 kits from somewhere, and then you have a fully assembled and headspaced upper. As for the flattop/A2 situation, I'd suggest just getting flattop's, and they can add a detachable carry handle later if they don't want to use optics, as its kinda hard to detach the carry handle on an A2 :o

Also, dont forget mags. Order a dozen mags for the 2 of them to split up, and it should cost you less than $150. You never know what the future may hold towards 20+30 round mags.

hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    The wait on the barrel isnt too much of a concern. I realize theres a 5-6 month wait on upper halves most places, so I may get everything from EA. I want the most cost effective/quality I can get. If I decide to do this, Ill order the uppers within the next 6 weeks, then do the assembly late December. (I may actually order 4 lowers so I can build me a "extra one") I agree with the flat top theory, but figure since Ill be doing it for them, Ill let them decide. The one I just built is flat top, and a good friend has an A2. Were gonna go camping while the boys are down, so they should have an opportunity to shoot both. Kinda hate them making a decision based on what works best for them now (the oldest is 11, the youngest will be 9 in July) cause there body structure etc will change, but I try and let them pick out what they want for their selves (really love it when I advise them something, they do what they want, and it backfires on them. Kinda reminds them Father really does know best :D)

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    Get what you can Get NOW, somethings like LPK's, BCG's, and Barrels are made out of UNobtaninum right now. paying $100 for a LPK is insane but with the current situation of panic buying, thats the going rate.

Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    My son is 4 right now. Turns out he's left handed :mad: (safe FULL of R handed guns). Right after the election, I ordered a L handed upper and ambi safety from Stag. When it came in, oiled it up real good and put it in attic.

hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    Working a turnaround, and decided against getting a hunting truck, so I may have a few extra $$$$$$$, but the boys timing is gonna kill a few thousand too. Ill probably call EA one day this week, the rest I can wait for a while (Im not gonna let them have it to do what ever they want with till theyre a little older (5 or so years) so I can wait on parts) I dont want to spend an arm and a leg (my build cost what I could have bought one for to get everything semi local and now) but dont want junk. heard some bad things about Model 1, J&T's web site is sub par IMO, Stag is a little high compared to some, but maybe thats about right????

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    Del-ton is reported to be good, J&T or Doublestar ar also reported to be good.
    If you are working a turnaround(Big $$$$$$$$$) order 2 daniel defense M4's and be done with it.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Del-ton is reported to be good, J&T or Doublestar ar also reported to be good.
    If you are working a turnaround(Big $$$$$$$$$) order 2 daniel defense M4's and be done with it.

Daniel Defense?

Why would you spend big money on that? Seriously?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom