AR pistol upper on SBR lower

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aherring1983

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ok, I'm fairly new to the SBR area, I'm currently awaiting on my stamps to arrive, my question is I'm looking at doing a 7 inch barrel and would like to put a quad rail on it for a forward grip, do they make a shorty grip for the real short fore guard on the short barrel pistol uppers or am I stuck with the standard 4 inch or so fore guard, any help would be appreciated, thanks everyone.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    a standard vertical grip doesn't take up much rail space at all. Magpul's angled ones might be a squeeze. On my pistol upper I actually have the barrel ending an inch or so before the rails. Right now a noveske KX3 bridges the gap and gets the muzzle outside of the handguards, but in a few months my suppressor will do that job. Mine is a dedicated .22 but you could do similar with a low-pro gas block and a muzzle device or can.

If you've never shot a 7" AR, you WILL need a heckuva muzzle device or a can, may as well add to your stamp collection!

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    7" barrel could be pretty cool with a carbine length rail and a low-profile gas block. You can buy the sections of rail, drill holes in the aluminum tube and mount with nuts and bolts, I'd throw a touch of loc-tite so it won't back out.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    A 7" .223 will put your suppressor through a heck of a beating. It will void most suppressor warranties. I have a 9" and have eroded my first blast baffle on my M4-2000 pretty good plus burned off the finish.

P7M8

"IE" Chantilly Import
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Metro New Orleans Area
    My Magpul grip on a 7.5" barreled upper.

M4SBR1911Reduced-1.jpg

Top Bottom