ar problems

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    I've got an ar with a colt upper, plum crazy lower, and a s&w barrel chambered in 5.56. Today was the first time I've tried shooting it. I got some tulammo 55grain from Walmart lastnight. The problem is that it won't eject a round after being fired. It has the m16 bcg. When you rack the slide it'll eject and pick up the next round out of my colt 30 round mag. Any idea what I should do to fix this?

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    Its a gas system. It ejected the first shell. I'm new to the ar world so is there something in particular I should look for with the gas system being misaligned?

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    I bought it as a mostly complete rifle from a member here. I installed a bcg and new handguards. The upper and barrel are used but the lower is brand new.

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    It's a bastardization of shreveport. the gas block just has two hex or Allen bolts holding it on. There is a small hole with what looks like a roll pin stuck through it. I'd post pics but I'm on my phone.
    IMAG0371.jpg

Last edited:

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It's a bastardization of shreveport. the gas block just has two hex or Allen bolts holding it on. There is a small hole with what looks like a roll pin stuck through it. I'd post pics but I'm on my phone. A2 sites, 16" carbine length barrel

Should be a simple fix.

The roll pin holds the gas tube in place. That is most likely not the issue.

Most likely the gas block is not aligned properly and gas is not flowing freely (or at all) into the gas tube.

Shreveport is a "bit" too far for me to drive, even for a BS member.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Does the hand guard retainer behind your gas block move at all ? If so, your gas block is not on right. Or something close to it. Remember KISS.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    As it sits in the picture you posted. Does it move/is it loose ? If so, your gas block is probably too far forward.

Plug the chamber end of the barrel, use a rubber tipped air nozzle and put air into the barrel. If your gas port/ tube is open air will come out the gas tube.

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    As it sits in the picture you posted. Does it move/is it loose ? If so, your gas block is probably too far forward.

Plug the chamber end of the barrel, use a rubber tipped air nozzle and put air into the barrel. If your gas port/ tube is open air will come out the gas tube.

This ^^^

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    I misunderstood originally. No the retainer does not move at all. Also, I'm in the woods right now. Don't have access to an air compressor.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ehatger1456
    Top Bottom