AR Single Point Paracord Sling

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    I made this sling for a friend of mine. I'm not an AR guy so I'm not familiar with the functionality needed for a single point sling. I'd appreciate ya'lls opintions of the sling. I've built rifle slings before just never a single point sling. Thanks
    100_0161.jpg

100_0162.jpg

fbf0693b.jpg

31.photobucket.com/albums/zz238/LSUh20fowler/Paracord/2d517889.jpg[/IMG]
    b7f83877.jpg

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    That looks good. What about adding a ring to where the upper MASH hook attaches to the sling itself instead of attaching directly to the paracord? I just wonder if the edges on the hook will cut through the paracord with movement. It would also make it easier to make it a two point. I would be interested in one if the price was right. Good work.

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    Thanks. I'm not understanding about the mash hook attaching to the sling itself. That loop that the mash hook is hooked to is adjustable. It can be moved up or down on the sling or completely taken off it wanted and attaching both mash hooks to the rifle loop. Not sure if that sounded right. lol

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I have been looking into making one of these myself but I want to make it adjustable. I am thinking of incorporating a strap portion that could be let in or out. I like the clips you used better than the one I have found, where did you get them?

EDIT - I see now how it adjusts, that is a pretty good idea.

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    I have been looking into making one of these myself but I want to make it adjustable. I am thinking of incorporating a strap portion that could be let in or out. I like the clips you used better than the one I have found, where did you get them?

EDIT - I see now how it adjusts, that is a pretty good idea.

I ordered these from Botach Tactical, but I'm sure theres plenty places. Those just happpen to be the ones he wanted.

Top Bottom