AR Stripped lower FIRST BUILD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dat722

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    I am debating what lower to get.

Im am looking to spend less than 1k.

My friends recommended:

Spikes
    PSA (Deal of the day with LPK)
    Andersen

Help me!

stag0608

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Luling, La
    Really any lower will work. It's just a matter of what you want it to say on it. PSA is the best bang for your buck.

Last edited:

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I hate to say, but you should just buy my LMT upper + Windham lower and finish it the way you want. See the classifieds.

you're still going to spend AT LEAST that much money doing it yourself. And you still get to pick a rail, gas block, and flashider that way.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Doesnt really matter all that much. Pick the prettiest roll marks LOL. I have had good luck with all the Spikes I have gone with though.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Still going to be the odd ball... saw two more PSA BCG/extractors fail to extract and/or cycle within 200rds. The lower doesn't really matter, but for some parts Id still pay a few bucks more and get something with a history behind it

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Still going to be the odd ball... saw two more PSA BCG/extractors fail to extract and/or cycle within 200rds. The lower doesn't really matter, but for some parts Id still pay a few bucks more and get something with a history behind it

I have a few and have built quite a few more. Never had any problems. Was this with the same batch of ammo or different times? Just curious. I'm not a PSA fanboy but I've been very pleased with what I've received/paid from PSA.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    If I needed a new AR I would jump on this quickly.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-chf-m4a1-ss12g2-premium-rifle-kit.html

Add a lower and you have a high quality AR I'd put up against everything but a high end $1k plus AR. You can change the stock, grip, trigger as funds allow but it already has my personal favorite rail. Add some optics and you're good to go.

Yep, I'd either go this route or one similar. Only thing I would change out is the trigger, a $60 ALG ACT would be a huge improvement over the stock trigger, without eating up $200+ dollars of your budget.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Actually, I'd go with this over that. Mid length gas system and lightwight barrel being the main reasons. You'd also be able to add whatever handguard you wanted.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...ngth-ultra-lightweight-premium-rifle-kit.html

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I'd go with this over that. Mid length gas system and lightwight barrel being the main reasons. You'd also be able to add whatever handguard you wanted.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/psa-16-chf-mid-length-ultra-lightweight-premium-rifle-kit.html

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...ngth-ultra-lightweight-premium-rifle-kit.html

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually in agreement on the lightweight barrel. For the first time in my life I've really begun appreciating weight and quality slings. I've been walking to the range about 400+ yards from my back door a few times and that crap gets heavy. Although, I just bought a Utv so maybe I'll get lazy and go heavy again. :)

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I have a few and have built quite a few more. Never had any problems. Was this with the same batch of ammo or different times? Just curious. I'm not a PSA fanboy but I've been very pleased with what I've received/paid from PSA.

Multiple times, multiple rounds, all with other, quality, rifles around. Of course I didn't draw a conclusion based off of one rifle, one ammo, one time. Building is fun, I'm on 13 I think. No need to stress or be hampered by a part that cost only a few bucks less.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Multiple times, multiple rounds, all with other, quality, rifles around. Of course I didn't draw a conclusion based off of one rifle, one ammo, one time. Building is fun, I'm on 13 I think. No need to stress or be hampered by a part that cost only a few bucks less.

You know which PSA BCG you were using? They have 5(I think) different ones for sale.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    You know which PSA BCG you were using? They have 5(I think) different ones for sale.

Nope, I know they source their branded parts from all over. But I didn't really care much to ask/look into it. All Im 100% sure about if that they didn't work, and the DD/LMT/BCM did. Like I said, my experience. Nuff thread jack.

Top Bottom