ar upper DPMS??? are they bad I want some LA feedback

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I have 1, but I bought it as a complete upper, 20" bull barrel, free float guard. I am no expert and have barely broken it in, but cant find anything I don't like. Fit and finish is excellent and it functioned flawlessly straight out of the box.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I asked a while back for opinions on a 16" bull barrel setup and got mixed reviews. Everything from it cycling poorly to what is the point.
    I believe there may be some gripes from people that have a carbine length gas system and never clean their rifle, I can see it having problems cycling if that is the case.

985johnm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Covington area
    excellent point, I would like to know if DPMS is inconsistent, than what is the next step up? what brand upper is the best value and still out of box reliable?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I have a DPMS lower and no complaints. I bought (traded) at Bullet and Blade for an unmarked (unbranded) upper w/ a 20" barrel. The chamber was rough but after the first few rounds no problems. Its eaten everything since then without a problem, including wolf/monarch steel case.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    i just got a dpms 16" complete,,it fed wolf ammo no problem,it fed some recent reloads gun show no problem,winchester no problem,,,,but i had some old reloads a friend gave me and for some reason it didnt like them had a couple FTF and a couple times i had to turn the rifle side ways and shake out the unfired round,it would eject the round,i did a few test with other ammo with no problems with the extractor,,i stoped using that bag of ammo and havent had a problem,,so i mark it up to the ammo...everything else seems to go threw it no problem....

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    My DPMS has eaten everything I can give it. I got it as a complete rifle about 4 or 5 years ago. The carrier is staked properly, and half the crap that people complain about I dont use. I dont really care that its not a chrome lined barrel. It takes and extra 20 seconds to clean.

My experience has been good.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Over the last year, I've been involved in putting in excess of 500,000 rounds downrange through full auto AR15/M4 guns, primarily DPMS.

Out of seven lowers, two are old marked Colt 9mm SMG that we reconfigured to standard 5.56mm. The others are all DPMS. All of the uppers and all of the repair/replacement parts are DPMS.

I have no problem relying on DPMS as a go-to gun.

bryan0928

SRA
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Hammond
    If this is your first AR, and more importantly, the only one you plan on owning (due to the election.) you should spare no expense and get a complete 6920, or a Noveske upper w/ any lower.

ETA: not saying they will be banned, just saying a lot of people are buying one "assault rifle" while they know for sure they still can.

Top Bottom