AR15 double trigger....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    they should have left this on paintball guns.....

elftmann%20double%20trigger%20ar%20modified.jpg

ar-15-rifle-double-trigger-viper.jpg

Last edited:

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I dunno .. I have alot of nerve damage in my hands. Not that I need this now but I could see it as a option in the future.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I dunno .. I have alot of nerve damage in my hands. Not that I need this now but I could see it as a option in the future.

That is a good point! never woulda thought unless I had a similar scenario. I saw them today at Daves in LAF. They said that if you only pull the bottom trigger its something like 1lb. the top is a milspec pull and if you pull both its about 3 lbs.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Back in 1987-88 a friend of mine had a trigger system on his ar-15 and I think he said it was "The Ultimate Trigger". We shot it at the Honey Island Range when the STPSO was doing a Lady Beware Course. Thew were looking at it and asking question as they thought it was cool. That was until Kevin shot it with a 90rnd drum and created a dust cloud and cut down other targets down range. Then we were asked to keep it to short burst. Once you got it rocking it almost shot on its own. I have never seen such a trigger system since. Does anyone remember thoes or the actual name of it? That was my first taste of full auto or at least something close to it.

Ar15>Ak47

VIP member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    shreveport
    Back in 1987-88 a friend of mine had a trigger system on his ar-15 and I think he said it was "The Ultimate Trigger". We shot it at the Honey Island Range when the STPSO was doing a Lady Beware Course. Thew were looking at it and asking question as they thought it was cool. That was until Kevin shot it with a 90rnd drum and created a dust cloud and cut down other targets down range. Then we were asked to keep it to short burst. Once you got it rocking it almost shot on its own. I have never seen such a trigger system since. Does anyone remember thoes or the actual name of it? That was my first taste of full auto or at least something close to it.

Was it called it the hellstorm trigger system? I have heard mixed reviews on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    With the price being what it is... why not just buy a slidefire?

I mean you get the same result... shitty trigger press, fast rate of fire, and a basic spray-and-pray effect. /shrug

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Was it called it the hellstorm trigger system? I have heard mixed reviews on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    I honestly do not remember. It made a ratchet sound and was a two piece long-hinged trigger. Push-pull two finger system. I was an ak guy and that was my first ar I had ever shot. If memory serves me correct the trigger guard was huge and possibly was a whole lower unit not just a bolt on trigger. Like I said it was 25yrs ago but it was neat and ahead of its time. It worked and I know it wasn't a hell fire trick trigger. It sucks getting old and can't remember... what was I saying?

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    With the price being what it is... why not just buy a slidefire?

I mean you get the same result... shitty trigger press, fast rate of fire, and a basic spray-and-pray effect. /shrug

Wow I can't believe that price. Why not just take that money and get a Giselle or something nice like that??

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    That is a good point! never woulda thought unless I had a similar scenario. I saw them today at Daves in LAF. They said that if you only pull the bottom trigger its something like 1lb. the top is a milspec pull and if you pull both its about 3 lbs.

That'd be cool on a slidefire. Otherwise....meh.

Zephyr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft Polk
    Nice. Paintball gun designers have been using double triggers for decades, I'm surprised it took this long for the concept to find its way into something with a bit more punch.

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    then you can do away with the double trigger and not have to worry about practice lol. by the way it is a dream of mine but may make it a reality to build one of those on a slidefire

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Why? Don't paintballers just use them for "speedball" ?

Not really, we used them no matter where we were playing back in the day. No matter if it was a PSP 10-Man at the Wide World of Sports @ Disney, PSP 5-Man in Chicago or just dicking around in the woods at Shell Shocked. (Played for Backdraft out of Houma for quite a few years). We didn't trade out our 1k-2k paintball guns for 200 dollar beaters just because we were walking into the woods.

I personally think the idea is dumb on a rifle. Reason being, on a high quality paintball marker (one where you can actually fan the trigger), the trigger can be set down to a few ounces and it is actually useful. Well, I take that back... It was useful until the technology for ramping boards came out (this is about the time I gave it up, along with most of my teammates, it completely removed the skill of being able to run and shoot 20 balls per second and every noob kid could just pick up a marker and run like the guys that had practiced for years) but I am rambling.. lol

To each his own I guess, I'll stick with my regular trigger on my rifle... lol

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Ok, that's a good point.

My main thought in bringing up the 'speedball' my friends told me about (I never did more than play with cheap beaters in the woods) was that it was a 'spray and pray' with a general POA. All of which is in a paintball marker which has a MINOR recoil if you can consider it to even be recoil, even when compared to a 8 pound rifle shooting .223. It just seems silly/dangerous to do that kind of crap with a rifle.

But... I said that about the slidefire too, and while /some/ man up and keep it on target, I still saw plenty shooting outrageously dangerously.

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Ok, that's a good point.

My main thought in bringing up the 'speedball' my friends told me about (I never did more than play with cheap beaters in the woods) was that it was a 'spray and pray' with a general POA. All of which is in a paintball marker which has a MINOR recoil if you can consider it to even be recoil, even when compared to a 8 pound rifle shooting .223. It just seems silly/dangerous to do that kind of crap with a rifle.

But... I said that about the slidefire too, and while /some/ man up and keep it on target, I still saw plenty shooting outrageously dangerously.

Oh, absolutely. The reason for volume of fire in paintball (specifically, tournament variations) is that paintball markers are inaccurate and the paintballs are slow enough to physically dodge at distances past 20 yards. My last setup (One I used for the season before I quit) had "One case, one kill" engraved into the hopper.. lol 2,000 paintballs per case and I could go through a single case in a single 10-man match. I was a back/mid, just rain paint. You volley up a wall of paint and it's harder to avoid getting hit. Also, like you said, there is no recoil.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ehatger1456
    Top Bottom