Ar45 help please

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrNiceGuy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    New Orleans Louisiana
    I have recently become very interested in starting a ar45 build. Having trouble deciding what lower to start with and was wondering if anyone had any experience and/or advice on the issue. Or a link to a thread on the topic. I know I want a dedicated lower but I don't now if I want it to take glock, grease gun or Uzi mags. I imagine that Uzi and grease gun mags might be cheaper but to my knowledge the lowers that take them don't hold the bolt open after the last round is fired but the glock ones do. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? I'd like cheap mags but I'll pay more if one functions much better then the other. Thanks

MrNiceGuy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    New Orleans Louisiana
    Thanks for the reply jr. I had a chance to read that post last night actually. I think a lot more companies have jumped into it since that was written. For example double diamond law enforcement's ar45 wasn't covered in it and that's one of my main choices. What I was wondering about was if any of the gg or Uzi lowers have the empty mag bolt hold open function or if I have to get a glock lower for that. I want to be able to get cheap mags but not at the expense of functionality. Again thanks for actually responding though.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I would look for a complete Olympic Arms gun.

.45 Uzi magazines aren't easy to find.

If I was looking to get a .45 caliber carbine I would get a KRISS (oh how it pains me to that) because it takes Glock magazines.

JR1572

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA

RedNeckRuger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    New Orleans, LA