Are chambers cut shorter in Hungarian barrels?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    chamberrq.jpg

As you can see the one round sits higher and is due the chamber being cut slightly shorter. The one with the higher sitting round is a Hungarian barrel from an AMD 63 pressed in an Egyption trunnion. I checked three other barrels and the round sits as the barrel in the picture without the trunnion.

My concern is the unsupported area of the round by the extra cut.

I'd like to get opinions of this.

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    Could be lacker buildup.

This barrel was from my first kit build many years ago and has about 200 rounds of yugo through it. I cleaned it back than and put a brush in it this afternoon. About the only thing I have left from that kit is this barrel. what's on the barrel, and the furnature. The other parts were trashed from tearing it down and rebuilding.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    This barrel was from my first kit build many years ago and has about 200 rounds of yugo through it. I cleaned it back than and put a brush in it this afternoon. About the only thing I have left from that kit is this barrel. what's on the barrel, and the furnature. The other parts were trashed from tearing it down and rebuilding.
    How did you press out the barrel?I have seen where the chamber will have a slight deformation/flair from pressing it out with insufficent buffers(Not enough pennys) if so thats a easy fix also.

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    How did you press out the barrel?I have seen where the chamber will have a slight deformation/flair from pressing it out with insufficent buffers(Not enough pennys) if so thats a easy fix also.

Your're right. Ever so slight on the edge of the extractor cut. I tapped a laquar case in and when I pulled it out I can see where it scratched the case. About the only thing you can do is use a dremel on the edge, thanks

Top Bottom