Are Rossi revolvers any good?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhami17

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I've been looking to buy a .357 revolver for awhile now, and came across the Rossi model 971 and 972. Has anyone heard anything about these revolvers? They are made by Taurus so I would assume they are decent, but would like to make sure before I purchase one of them. Also if you have any other suggestions for a good .357 under $400 new or used I would appreciate the suggestions.

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    I've been looking to buy a .357 revolver for awhile now, and came across the Rossi model 971 and 972. Has anyone heard anything about these revolvers? They are made by Taurus so I would assume they are decent, but would like to make sure before I purchase one of them. Also if you have any other suggestions for a good .357 under $400 new or used I would appreciate the suggestions.

I've got the blued 4" .357 mag.

Zero problems after at least 3000 rounds. .357 isn't too punishing with the additional weight, and pretty accurate as well. Makes a great house gun.

Only "quirks" is that I have to tighten the grip screws after an extending shooting session, but I think that's normal for a big-kick revolver. Loc-tite will likely fix it, just didn't have the time.

The only thing I'd do differently is try to get a stainless steel revolver over the blued. The blued is pretty cool-looking when clean, but easily shows fingerprints.

Old-timers will try to sway you towards a smith, but I think any taurus/rossi weapon will be of decent quality and will happily get the job done. This revolver makes a particularly good "first weapon," until you have the money to buy something that's subjectively nicer (like my next purchase, a sig 226).

And if you ever have problems, the lifetime warranty's a great thing to have.

rhettro

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007

There is a smith and wesson .357 model 66 combat magnum on the louisiana sportsmans classifieds for $375 right now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom