Are there good but cheap ammo sellers at the gun show in Kenner?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    First off, I assume you like to exaggerate? 3x prices? Half my day? No, not at all. No FFL, no shipping, no waiting, typically no tax for cash...to me these are what we call ADVANTAGES.

If you don't like going then you don't like going, but enough with the circlejerk of certain topics on BayouShooter. You miss the good old days of gun shows? I miss the good old days of BayouShooter.

Just cause its not half a day for you doesn't mean that it ain't for me. I just don't drive to them anymore. And yes, the prices were ~ triple. I'm not saying it all was, but namely ammo. The AR's were admittedly only double. :)

To me, .21 a round for 22 is triple price and $1500 for a bushmaster is laughable.

I guess our experiences differ. No need for bunched panties. There's only ~ a dozen threads about how craptastic shows have gone lately.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I didn't check shipping prices before. It's almost $11 to ship to my zip code. So it would cost almost the price of the box to ship lol

the best online sources charge no shipping if you spend over X. Slickguns usually alerts ya to good deals, but there are other ways of scouring the internet gems. We have threads on the subject if you search hard enough.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Being wise gun guys, why not just buy it online and save having the conversation at all? I mean, you've gotta give up half your day and pay a cover charge just for the benefit of haggling that crap down. You've kind of validated my entire outlook on gun shows: its where the uninformed go to "get gun stuff", and at the "uninformed" price.

Maybe this is just an elaborate way of me saying I miss the good ol days.

edit: just saw your post. I'll concede that it IS fun to go molest all the guns. I seldom ever purchase there though. (other than holsters/knives from my usuals)

Ill just take my "uninformed" self to gunshows thankyouverymuch..... Show me where online I can get a $100 S&W Victory model like I did at the Mandeville show last weekend!:rolleyes:

Gonzales gunshow was even better!

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    i just go to lisen to the tazors go off ever 10sec. no realy dont go to buy anything just look around and sit with the wife at the Honey island shooting range table and keep her company and make sure she dont spend any money.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Ill just take my "uninformed" self to gunshows thankyouverymuch..... Show me where online I can get a $100 S&W Victory model like I did at the Mandeville show last weekend!:rolleyes:

Gonzales gunshow was even better!

So you got a 400.00 gun for 100.00, from someone that didn't know what it was worth? That makes that person the uninformed and you the beneficiary. Congrats.

I digress, it is a **** poor place to buy ammo and the treasures are needles in a haystack of scams.

Last edited:

GatShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2014
    Metaire LA
    Lets say i want to handle and possibly shoot before purchasing, an M&P Shield or the new Bodyguard. Is it better to ask a local Bayou Shooter forum member to try it out? Do members here do this kind of thing?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Lets say i want to handle and possibly shoot before purchasing, an M&P Shield or the new Bodyguard. Is it better to ask a local Bayou Shooter forum member to try it out? Do members here do this kind of thing?

good idea in my opinion. bonus is an honest opinion of the gun from someone not trying to sell it to ya.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    I dont go to every gun show in gonzales or kenner but I do make a few and I dont always leave with something but when I do it's because I found a deal. I'm not one to try and beat down the price so much that the dealer can't make money. I believe in paying a fair price if I find what I want.
    I have bought a few guns from individuals and from dealers at the shows and ammo in bulk. All at good prices and something I can walk out of the show with.

Gun shows aren't for everyone. Those that do not like them should not go. + Makes it less crowded.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    So you got a 400.00 gun for 100.00, from someone that didn't know what it was worth? That makes that person the uninformed and you the beneficiary. Congrats.

I digress, it is a **** poor place to buy ammo and the treasures are needles in a haystack of scams.

Gunshows are one of the few remaining places individuals can participate in person to person commerce without paying excessive fees (PayPal, gunbroker, eBay, etc)

Yes, if you have what you want in mind and want something new small dealers cannot compete with The buying power of midway or wallmart, but if you don't fit those parameters....

Oh, well, more deals for me!
    (I rarely attend a gunshow without a "treasure" turning up, so it must be a mighty small haystack!)

whodat247

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Mandeville
    Gunshows are one of the few remaining places individuals can participate in person to person commerce without paying excessive fees (PayPal, gunbroker, eBay, etc)

Yes, if you have what you want in mind and want something new small dealers cannot compete with The buying power of midway or wallmart, but if you don't fit those parameters....

Oh, well, more deals for me!
    (I rarely attend a gunshow without a "treasure" turning up, so it must be a mighty small haystack!)

Only show I've ever been to was at the Lion's Club in Ponchatoula. I looked at every single item in that building 5-6 times, every single item was either overpriced or equal to Academy. I saw at least 5 ammo purchases where the prices were higher than if they just drove down the road to Academy because I went there the night before. Only thing that was even remotely close to a fair deal was some pepper spray for $10. Almost bought some for the wife since it came in a pink case. Haven't been to another show since. Possibly just got the raw end and maybe I just need to go to the bigger ones in Kenner or Slidell.

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Only show I've ever been to was at the Lion's Club in Ponchatoula. I looked at every single item in that building 5-6 times, every single item was either overpriced or equal to Academy. I saw at least 5 ammo purchases where the prices were higher than if they just drove down the road to Academy because I went there the night before. Only thing that was even remotely close to a fair deal was some pepper spray for $10. Almost bought some for the wife since it came in a pink case. Haven't been to another show since. Possibly just got the raw end and maybe I just need to go to the bigger ones in Kenner or Slidell.

That was a very small show, I still found new in wrap factory Colt 20 round mags (14 of them) for $6/each.
    Also picked up a $5 NIW speed loaded and some other odds and ends.
    Kicki myself for passing on the $16-$18 asking price Sig mags.

I would DEFINATELY try another show that's not as tiny.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    How can we go about arranging this?

I am retired and available most of the time. Let me know when you want to meet at Bass Pro in Denham Springs or Precision in Baton Rouge and I will let you know if I am available then. Send PM.

whodat247

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Mandeville
    That was a very small show, I still found new in wrap factory Colt 20 round mags (14 of them) for $6/each.
    Also picked up a $5 NIW speed loaded and some other odds and ends.
    Kicki myself for passing on the $16-$18 asking price Sig mags.

I would DEFINATELY try another show that's not as tiny.

That's what I'm thinking.

eggplant33

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Covington, LA
    I'm going to have to second the good deals sentiment. I once ran into a guy selling an imbel receiver fal for $400 so he could buy new golf clubs. It's definitely for people who enjoy the hunt though. If you want, say, a new in box Sig, it's probably best just to watch the sale pages.

Top Bottom