Are We That Stupid?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Just playing devils advocate here, one could argue you’re being just as reckless by taking your eyes off of the road long enough to look into someone’s car. Lol
    You're supposed to be checking for hazards all around you . Looking at a potential hazard for a few seconds versus looking at a phone and reading / typing ...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You're supposed to be checking for hazards all around you . Looking at a potential hazard for a few seconds versus looking at a phone and reading / typing ...
    Not only that; to me, it's just part of situational awareness! Not paying attention to the people around you in cars is how all these drive by killings on the I-10 are happening. If I look over at the car gaining on me, and I see a backseat of thugs playing with a rifle, I'm either going into hyper-drive or at least grabbing my pistol just in case.

Same goes for an ugly chick! :p

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not that it makes any difference but when these guys came looking for me to make another donation (solicited by phone, mail and email this year) I told them sorry because of their stance and influence on constitutional carry. Made me feel a little better.

Attachments

• 977F2739-90A5-40D3-8D02-E10CFD59476A.png
      977F2739-90A5-40D3-8D02-E10CFD59476A.png
      401.9 KB · Views: 95

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Not that it makes any difference but when these guys came looking for me to make another donation (solicited by phone, mail and email this year) I told them sorry because of their stance and influence on constitutional carry. Made me feel a little better.
    I told them the same exact thing last time they called me. I used to often donate but that has come to a stop and likely will not change. Let them call the anti gunners and see how much help they get. You know the same folks that are all for defund the police.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Maybe next year; most of the 'old guard' has, or are fixin to retire
    The old guard must have long retired in Arkansas, Texas, Miss., Alabama, Oklahoma, Georgia; because we are now surrounded by states that evidently don't have active political action committee members in their police Associations.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why black democrat politicians are so staunchly against black citizens exercising their Rights to self defense too! What's in it for them?

jbanks2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2013
    Louisianans! I realize that as much as 20-30% of our population are morons and total ideologues that are lock step voting blocs for democrats, and some of these republican bureaucrats are garbage too; but for freedom's sake; stop electing these damned democrats!
    Being born and raised in Louisiana. I still have roots in the state...

"Louisianans! I realize that as much as 20-30% of our population are morons" You've really underestimated the number of morons in the state... Given that each year Louisiana and Mississippi fight for which state is at the bottom of the barrel for educational standards...

That being said... I'd put the number of morons (and idiots) closer to 65% of the pop of the state... This is just a SWAG by me and if given the time I could use (Unemployment rates, Education Standards, Drop out rates, Crime Stats, Welfare rates, Voter Turnout and many other quality of life measurements to prove my assertion).

Finally, I do live in a conceal carry state and I got my CCL after Constitutional Carry was singed into law because I travel out of my state.

Last edited:

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I am going to put this out. Hopefully get some good constructive conversation going. I am on the fence about constitutional carry. I understand we the people have a right to protect ourselves and our family while we are away from home. But I understand the potential problems for police with people who have not had the training and don't know how to respond when approached by LEO's. What is the goal of a CCW permit? To me, the classroom part is the most important part of the CCW class. Knowing when to shoot, when not to shoot, and how to interact with law enforcement is essential to safely carrying concealed. This post is intended to get rational perspectives and thoughts on the subject. Maybe come up with a way to make it happen that helps to relieve or reduce some of the concerns by LEO's.

jbanks2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2013
    I am going to put this out. Hopefully get some good constructive conversation going. I am on the fence about constitutional carry. I understand we the people have a right to protect ourselves and our family while we are away from home. But I understand the potential problems for police with people who have not had the training and don't know how to respond when approached by LEO's. What is the goal of a CCW permit? To me, the classroom part is the most important part of the CCW class. Knowing when to shoot, when not to shoot, and how to interact with law enforcement is essential to safely carrying concealed. This post is intended to get rational perspectives and thoughts on the subject. Maybe come up with a way to make it happen that helps to relieve or reduce some of the concerns by LEO's.

Agree... With or without Constitutional Carry... One can never have too much gun safety and awareness of gun law training...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Though no one in their right mind wants any problems to befall a policeman, it really doesn't matter how this affects LE. Limiting a law abiding American citizen the Right to carry a firearm for self defense is Unconstitutional! It has been affirmed by the Supreme Court several times in recent history as well.

As for training, the authors of the Constitutional Carry Bill (even the one that passed last year), have even inserted the training portion into the Bill, to try to satisfy that concern.

As for the reality, criminals already carry firearms. Those criminals that are willing to carry firearms, particularly in the commission of crimes, should not and won't be any less dangerous to LE than they already are.

The argument that this will just increase the number of guns on the street and some people won't be able to control themselves from using them for lesser reasons than self defense? Sure! We have a lot of morons here. So does Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, etc. But to deny the vast majority who will decide to carry that Constitutional Right because of those few is a red herring.

I've listened to the testimonies of the Sheriff's Associations' witnesses as well as the black democrats against it in deliberations and all I seem to hear is they believe empowering blacks with this Right is something blacks citizens cannot be trusted with! Really? Either that are they will lose some influence over them. As I said earlier in this thread, I wish I knew what was in it for them?

When I was in my early teens, we hunted with real guns without anyone's permission except needing a hunting license. No safety classes, no training. I don't recall a massive amount of innocent people being killed back them from that. Bottom line, if you are a responsible gun owner, you already know how to use a firearm. At least you should. But that should NOT preclude anyone from exercising a Constitutional Right.

Permits, as we know it know, have become a cash cow. I believe, if you a as government agency want to stifle my Rights by making get a permission slip and by making me dig into my pocketbook, than you (government agency), should pay for that. Then also remember, do not conflate a Constitutional Right with a privilege (like operating a motor vehicle or a boat). Those are two very distinctly different things.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Some portion of the population is going to carry guns, either for nefarious purposes or self protection without a permit no matter what laws are passed. Years ago long before before Louisiana had a shall issue CHP I ,on ocasions, would carry if I felt the need to.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The old guard must have long retired in Arkansas, Texas, Miss., Alabama, Oklahoma, Georgia; because we are now surrounded by states that evidently don't have active political action committee members in their police Associations.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why black democrat politicians are so staunchly against black citizens exercising their Rights to self defense too! What's in it for them?
    +1 on the black politicians and civil leaders. I never did get that.
    What I do get is statistics. It’s proven that when more of the law abiding populace is armed, crime (especially violent crime) rates go down. Where they’ve instituted any sort of extra gun control measures upward of outright bans, guess what, crime rates go up. The only thing any government has ever accomplished by disarming law abiding citizens is making them vulnerable to criminals. The definition of criminal not being confined to street thugs.

Last edited:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    +1 on the black politicians and civil leaders. I never did get that.
    What I do get is statistics. It’s proven that when more of the law abiding populace is armed, crime (especially violent crime) rates go down. Where they’ve instituted any sort of extra gun control measures upward of outright bans, guess what, crime rates go up. The only thing any government has ever accomplished by disarming law abiding citizens is making them vulnerable to criminals. The definition of criminal not being confined to street thugs.
    Disarmament has made the people Vulnerable to criminals as well as genocide and should not be tolerated. My thought is more freedom = good. So, I support permitless carry. Gun control is failed experiment and it simply doesn’t work.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The argument that this will just increase the number of guns on the street and some people won't be able to control themselves from using them for lesser reasons than self defense? Sure! We have a lot of morons here. So does Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, etc. But to deny the vast majority who will decide to carry that Constitutional Right because of those few is a red herring.

This from a guy who when questioned and pressed here by Dave a couple years ago about training stated right here his training was "watching several dvds on firearms handling and tactical scenarios". That was his training as he admitted. Emperor also admitted here he had no problem firing on his six un-aimed while running if pursued by an adversary with a firearm. Un-aimed suppressive fire to his rear in an urban, or any environment for that matter. One thing Dave did stress here was extensive and on going organized training, and uncovering the "morons" in due time. I'll never forget that one, firing randomly with a pistol behind you while running or fleeing an armed adversary.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This from a guy who when questioned and pressed here by Dave a couple years ago about training stated right here his training was "watching several dvds on firearms handling and tactical scenarios". That was his training as he admitted. Emperor also admitted here he had no problem firing on his six un-aimed while running if pursued by an adversary with a firearm. Un-aimed suppressive fire to his rear in an urban, or any environment for that matter. One thing Dave did stress here was extensive and on going organized training, and uncovering the "morons" in due time. I'll never forget that one, firing randomly with a pistol behind you while running or fleeing an armed adversary.
    Wow!

I suppose I will answer this personal attack with the same response I have for ALL be-all, end-all internet gun experts. Unless you know me personally, you don't know anything about me. I don't post anything on here for anyone's approval, least of all guys like yourself. Your smarmy post has nothing to do with what pptpe45 posted, asked, or what I responded to his post. He wanted constructive debate, and your post proved that is still extremely hard to find on here anymore. Good job!

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Wow!

I suppose I will answer this personal attack with the same response I have for ALL be-all, end-all internet gun experts. Unless you know me personally, you don't know anything about me. I don't post anything on here for anyone's approval, least of all guys like yourself. Your smarmy post has nothing to do with what pptpe45 posted, asked, or what I responded to his post. He wanted constructive debate, and your post proved that is still extremely hard to find on here anymore. Good job!

It's not a personal attack, it's the truth. The truth is evidently painful for you. I'm sure others here remember that dialog between you and Dave on your training and proposed techniques.

Top Bottom