are you an organ donor?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I am , and was before I met the wife.. She is ready to be put on the kidney list for transplant.. so I am for it even more now..

I can tell you though.. I personally dont donate platelets anymore.. I used to and had given almost a gallon of blood over the years but the last time I gave plasma, I got infected and about lost my arm.. no more donating on a dirty bus in a parking lot of a metal shop with folks eating chip and hooking ya up..

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Yes..

Since high school, I have also donated alot of blood also because I am AB+.

I tried to donate a couple years ago but my BP was too high due to me gaining weight. The doc has since put me on BP meds, so I am not sure if they would still take it.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Yes, I have always been since it was an option, However, now my body is riddled by disease, not one of my organs are fit for transplant due to my Sarcoidosis, however, my wishes are to donate my body to LSU Medical School of Medicine. GO TIGERS !!! After finished, then my remains will be cremated

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Yes, why the heck not? If any of these old beat up parts can help someone, they are welcome to them! I won't be needing them any more...

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was told I'm not allowed to donate blood anymore. I apparently have a propensity for passing out at the sight of my own blood and nurses are generally not strong enough to pick my 275 lbs ass up off the floor.

I even passed out when I got my ears pierced. All 3 times.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I am an organ and blood donor. The vampires usually double up on me since I'm O+.

I used to donate blood every 8 weeks. I'd set a notification in my phone. Then I had an operation a couple years ago, and haven't been able to. Does anyone know how long you have to wait? It was for removal of melanoma, which came back non-malignant.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    YES! You gotta put yourself in the shoes of that family who's loved one needs an organ... it could be my family praying for an organ one day. If more people were organ donors, the world would be a better place!

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Way back in they day before I was age of majority I checked off the box to be an organ donor. Except I put that they can't take my eyes or my skin. Wonder if any of that made it into the system.

If family or friend needed a kidney, liver, etc, I'd gladly do it. But being chopped up at Charity hospital after I am "dead" sounds a little fishy.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Yes, I have always been since it was an option, However, now my body is riddled by disease, not one of my organs are fit for transplant due to my Sarcoidosis, however, my wishes are to donate my body to LSU Medical School of Medicine. GO TIGERS !!! After finished, then my remains will be cremated

They're very respectful of the bodies at LSUHSC. And I believe all the cremation etc expenses are paid by them, which for some folks can be very costly. Supposedly a lot of the donors are doctors themselves. I would like to do the same thing one day.

RopeS

WANTED
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    SE MI
    Yes I am. I won't be needing anything anymore. My grandma was as well, and when she passed, it was so amazing to get letters from people that have a second chance at life because she gave.

Top Bottom