Are you staying hydrated?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Water, and drip drop the day before. Banana before I leave out. Water and drip drop while at the range and I'll bring a couple bananas. Wear a hat and the cooling towels help out tremendously. I keep it in the cooler and when taking a break I put it around my neck.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Farmer here, lately it’s been about 2 gallons of water, a 32oz Powerade and a Liquid IV while going through about 4 TShirts a day
    I’m no farmer, just a lifelong warehouse dude. But I’m with you on the multiple shirts per day. I usually go through 3 myself. I drink a bunch of water and may have a Powerade in there from time to time. I quit using Liquid IV after looking into it and discovering how much sugar is really in it. You should try LMNT instead of Liquid IV. Check it out if you wish. Also, huge thank you to you, my man. You farmers don’t get those too often, although y’all more than deserve them. God bless.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I don’t do anything different but then again I typically drink over a gallon a water a day and have since I was a teenager. It’s one of the few habits out of the many that I have that’s actually good for me lol.

What I like to do in this extreme heat is set the AC in my office at 60. I then like to put 2-3 waters in the deep freezer and wait for them to form some ice in them. Then I’ll stand up and look out of my office window into the wear house and watch everyone sweating buck shot while working in a warehouse that’s only maybe 10 degrees cooler than outside as I sip the ice chilled water. Makes me feel good about my life.

Ok I’m joking. That was my attempt at being funny. When I do have spare time I’m usually here conversing with y’all or spending money I shouldn’t online but that’s few and far in between. What I have noticed is anytime I’m outside this time of year I’m constantly drinking. Seems like I have to be constantly drinking liquids to remain properly hydrated.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    20230804_170946.jpg
    I went to Nuetral Ground Gun Company last Friday and it was well air-conditioned. I drank a little water in the car after a 2.5 hour range session. Of particular note, a West German PPK/S fed 4 different brands of hollowpoints and ball ammo with zero malfunctions

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I’m no farmer, just a lifelong warehouse dude. But I’m with you on the multiple shirts per day. I usually go through 3 myself. I drink a bunch of water and may have a Powerade in there from time to time. I quit using Liquid IV after looking into it and discovering how much sugar is really in it. You should try LMNT instead of Liquid IV. Check it out if you wish. Also, huge thank you to you, my man. You farmers don’t get those too often, although y’all more than deserve them. God bless.
    I agree with liquid IV, too much sugar. Lmnt is really good!

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    FWIW I’ve never drank ice water or even cold water while working, always room temp-ish(60-70 ideally). I remember as a kid picking up hay with my grandfather he said “ cold water will crack a hot motor” when we would take a water break. He would always fix his water jug with cool water.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    FWIW I’ve never drank ice water or even cold water while working, always room temp-ish(60-70 ideally). I remember as a kid picking up hay with my grandfather he said “ cold water will crack a hot motor” when we would take a water break. He would always fix his water jug with cool water.
    Only water I drink is room temp.
    I continuously laugh at adults who chase cold water when the temps are what they've been lately here in Louisiana. Cold water doesn't cool off the body. It only cools off the imagination. Cold water can't cool off we warm-blooded mammals from the inside. That only happens with the cold-blooded.

Drinking cold water makes your body ramp up its metabolism which brings its temperature up. It does this so it can digest the water because the body can not digest it if it's not at body temperature. Drinking cold water is counterproductive, and even harmful in extreme cases.

The only cold beverages I drink are beer and milk. I also don't drink soda at all, ever.

Quick article on natural sources of electrolytes:

https://www.healthline.com/health/fitness-nutrition/electrolytes-food

Last edited:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Water, and drip drop the day before. Banana before I leave out. Water and drip drop while at the range and I'll bring a couple bananas.
    I've been shooting with @WhereIsIt? before and watched him eat a banana. It's the wildest thing... he doesn't chew, just slowly slides the whole banana down in one piece without ever breaking eye contact.

Top Bottom