Are you tired of the race card?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    http://news.yahoo.com/ag-strongly-criticizes-stand-ground-laws-203612853.html

In his comments referencing the Zimmerman case, Holder offered a story from his own personal experience — describing how when he was a young black man his father had told him how to interact with the police, what to say and how to conduct himself if he was ever stopped or confronted in a way he thought was unwarranted.
    "I'm sure my father felt certain — at the time — that my parents' generation would be the last that had to worry about such things for their children," Holder told the NAACP convention. "Trayvon's death last spring caused me to sit down to have a conversation with my own 15-year-old son, like my dad did with me. This was a father-son tradition I hoped would not need to be handed down."

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Some things are self inflicted. Like the percentage of young black males vs white males involved in crime. If I remember the numbers from an Advocate article last year correctly. In Baton Rouge if a black male between 18-25 was murdered there was a 88% chance it was another BM from the same age group. If I were a black parent I might be advising my children to get some white friends. You will be safer.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    To start with , the race card is very effective and there is still a lot mileage to be had from it . And , Holder has been pandering to Obama's base since he got that job .

Last edited:

TAS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    See how effective Holder's dad's little talk went! MFer's now AG and I'm willing to bet he's not had a hard life! I bet Holder DID have a sit down w/ his own son and have a talk w/ him, since rap videos are now raising the kids. Dad's need to step the hell up and be a dad, teach these kids that THEIR choices have ramifications! When the kids know what dad's foot feels like across that ass, they tend to have a different view.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I didn't realize Zimmerman was a cop.

Anyone who takes it upon themselves to look out for their neighborhood, report crime, etc. is seen as a snitch and worse than the police.

The black community has a severe distrust of the police, and in the past, I could see why. Now, they perpetuate the situation.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    See how effective Holder's dad's little talk went! MFer's now AG and I'm willing to bet he's not had a hard life! I bet Holder DID have a sit down w/ his own son and have a talk w/ him, since rap videos are now raising the kids. Dad's need to step the hell up and be a dad, teach these kids that THEIR choices have ramifications! When the kids know what dad's foot feels like across that ass, they tend to have a different view.

The BIGGEST contributor to the perpetuation of black men that either wind up dead or in jail is a lack of POSITIVE MALE GUIDANCE in the home. And guess what? It's becoming the same way in single parent white families.

I don't put down on single mom's because they do what they can with what they've got. But when it comes to young males, a POSITIVE MALE influence is needed to keep these kids from winding up another statistic.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Tired? No... fed up? Oh yea. It's been getting worse by the day. Same old same old double standard applies. The news media said "cracker" a few dozen times in an hour the other day when I was watching and all while smiling... try to do that with the other and watch what happens. Obama (Holder and the rest of his crew) represents black america... plain and simple. Talk about "where is the justice" huh?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    When I was in the Army years ago we played cards all the time. It was spades, wonder if they have to call it something else now days?

eagle359

AARP Newbie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Terrytown, LA
    Why would they not use the race card? We have all seen kids that were not getting what they wanted throw themselves on the floor and start to cry and pitch a fit. Sure enough the parent gives in and the child gets what they wanted. Same thing here-not getting your way cry race. People roll over and give you what you want. The gov wants us to become color blind when we deal with each other. But the feds deal out benefits and advantages based on race. Until the feds see one color how can they ask us to.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Why would they not use the race card? We have all seen kids that were not getting what they wanted throw themselves on the floor and start to cry and pitch a fit. Sure enough the parent gives in and the child gets what they wanted. Same thing here-not getting your way cry race. People roll over and give you what you want. The gov wants us to become color blind when we deal with each other. But the feds deal out benefits and advantages based on race. Until the feds see one color how can they ask us to.

I agree. Great point!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I understand Black frustration as much as I CAN.

I understand that many alive today, marched with MLK and clearly those peoples children and grandchildren are of voting age today. So what once was is STILL a very REAL part of their lives today.

However they are plagued(like White Folks are) by the minority of idiots who perpetuate the pity mentality.

It's not the race card that offends me or pisses me off.

What pisses me off, is this whole White Guilt ********! that I get from White People too like the White male MSNBC reporter who said he felt 'White Shame' when they read the verdict as he was speaking to two Black Females. W...T...F...!?

People I know well, not exactly close friends are raving about 'Check your privilege' and the need to feel guilty for merely being born White. Are you f.ing serious?!? That **** makes me want to scratch my eyeballs out.

I don't see color first in my life. I went to middle school in a straight up Ghetto. High school in not much better. I served with Marines of opposite color who would lay down their lives for me and I for them without blinking. I've worked shoulder to shoulder with two black guys for the past 7 years that I would say are my best friends.

I don't see majority white anything where I work. I don't see black Folks being held down by the man.

I feel like I live on another planet when these people describe to me that blacks are still being discriminated against. WHERE!?!? Where is it happening!?!?

.....that's enough. this **** pisses me off, so yea I'm tired of being called a bigot if I disagree with Obama or a Racist if I call Al Sharpton a Race Baiter.

I absolutely vehemently loathe when race is improperly interjected. Like fire in my eyeballs kind of anger. To me it just continues to set us back.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    I agree, the worst part about all this Zman bs trial and "civil rights investigation" is the race drama. because I dont agree with it being a race issue, I am immediately labeled a racist. Meanwhile, I know people that would go to a TM rally, except they genuinely fear that they might get turned on. How is that for racism.

When ever I hear someone start talking about the aftermath of the trial or the "civil Rights violations" I just shake my head and walk the other way. I am all for a reasonable discussion, but there is no reason on the other side, just race.

And then I go and open my mouth and insert foot on another thread.......

Last edited:

Bullwinkle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    http://news.yahoo.com/ag-strongly-criticizes-stand-ground-laws-203612853.html

In his comments referencing the Zimmerman case, Holder offered a story from his own personal experience — describing how when he was a young black man his father had told him how to interact with the police, what to say and how to conduct himself if he was ever stopped or confronted in a way he thought was unwarranted.
    "I'm sure my father felt certain — at the time — that my parents' generation would be the last that had to worry about such things for their children," Holder told the NAACP convention. "Trayvon's death last spring caused me to sit down to have a conversation with my own 15-year-old son, like my dad did with me. This was a father-son tradition I hoped would not need to be handed down."

BS

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Everyone in America seems to forget that the BAD GUY in this story is not George Zimmerman, it's not Trayvon Martin, it's not the Florida State's Attorney and her prosecutorial team, it's not the defense team it's not the jurors. The Bad Guy is the scumbag who broke into George Zimmerman's neighbor's house. Unfortunately, Trayvon Martin fit the general description of that scumbag.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    I was over the playing of the "Race Card" more than 20 years ago. It's gotten so bad, at times, I think my head is going to explode...

Top Bottom