Are you vocal about owning firearms?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    You could always try one of these...

shopping

attachment.php

Dc1010FA-W.jpg

130910192148-07-gun-mailbox-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Gun-Mailbox-1.jpg

gI_116913_IMG_2637.JPG

Gun-Mailbox-4.jpg

78e9f3ba6933e48c782c81520286ba01.jpg

Gun-Mailbox-5.jpg

funny-picture-merica-gun-as-a-mailbox.jpg

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Honestly if the criminals were that smart they would visit a site like this and have all the info they needed on gun owners and some of what is in their possesion. The saving grace is that 99% are just plain stupid, its in the news everyday. Personally I only discuss it with like minded folks that are of a certian maturity level. Its not the person you tell its that 3rd or 4th one down the line that just may be the drug addict or thug stupid enough to risk breaking into a house with armed occupants.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Honestly if the criminals were that smart they would visit a site like this and have all the info they needed on gun owners and some of what is in their possesion. The saving grace is that 99% are just plain stupid, its in the news everyday. Personally I only discuss it with like minded folks that are of a certian maturity level. Its not the person you tell its that 3rd or 4th one down the line that just may be the drug addict or thug stupid enough to risk breaking into a house with armed occupants.

You say criminals are dumb, but you'd be surprised how dumb the average person is. ie: Facebook selfie of family leaving for a week on vacation; women that leave designer purses with piles of cash visible in the passenger seat of their mercedes while they go to yoga; Guys that brag during a ftf trade, to someone that they've never met before, about all the high dollar guns he's got at the house. - the list goes on.

and uh, burglary is more often a crime of opportunity than an Ocean's 11 hit on your gun safe. In the time it takes to setup an account and begin searching, badguyjoe could have ransacked two random houses and likely found a gun or two. Your custom 1911 and a $100.00 hi point are equally valuable to some people.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Don't worry, The criminals are on here, They work for some alphabet agency out of DC

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I'm in the middle of the road I guess. I'm less "molon labe" than some I know and more "pro 2a" than many of my friends or colleagues. I don't advertise what I have to anyone- hell I've kept 99% of my gun collection absent from bayoushooter for years. When I make trades I'm not one that brags about everything in my safe at home. It's not so much about being a secret squirrel as it is just not being their business.

Regarding general public/idiots on the street/etc: I prefer them to not know I have a weapon until they feel it. I'm not interested in fair fights.

Regarding family/friend/someone worthy to hear it - I'm armed. Furthermore, you've never seen me unarmed. I'm certain of this because we've never taken a shower together.

Yeah I'm mostly the same way. I don't advertise it, but I honestly don't care if people know I'm a gun owner or not. Only those who are truly close to me know I have a CHP and carry every day, but I can't say I haven't posted a couple pictures of guns on social media. I seriously doubt anybody is specifically checking my facebook feed to find out whether or not I have guns, but at the same time, I realize that some people whom I otherwise like, are squirrelly on the topic of firearms, so why ruin an otherwise good relationship just b/c I insist on being ultra-pro-2A?

Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    I don't have a problem telling anyone I have a gun. I was proud after I bought it and those that know me know I've been interested in shooting for a long time. However, I don't feel the need or advertise via house or auto window sticker that I have one or carry. That gives the intruder/attacker the upper hand with that knowledge and loses the "surprise" element should I need to defend myself. I don't mind an auto window sticker that says I'm pro-gun/2A.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I don't advertise it at home. The immediate neighbors know but they're not a threat.

T-shirts I have a problem with. I wear gun t-shirts to the range, to friends houses occasionally, gun shows, etc. IE places where I don't care if they know. The problem is going out in the general public. You might as well OC if you're going to wear a glock shirt since your CCW might as well not be concealed. Don't even get me started on guys wearing gun shirts and NOT carrying!
    I really like(d) my vata shirt (wife spilled bleach on it...) and the midway usa shirt I picked up somewhere. Anyone who wasn't firearms knowledgeable didn't recognize it. The ones that did I didn't mind knowing (playing the odds on gun knowledgeable crooks but seemed a safe bet).

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I don't see the need in letting folks know what you have especially in the way of firearm ownership.. I figure we're not too far away from an forcible attempt at confiscation or gungrab so the fewer people that know the better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom