Arisaka type 99

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2015
    Kenner
    I have an arisaka type 99 that my grandfather left me. I can load pictures later. It is not in the best shape but also not the worst. I know a little bit about the gun and what not, I am a history teacher and love having it, but I could also use some extra money if it is just going to sit in my closet. I have seen some really nice ones at gun shows. Mine does not have the mum. It does not have a firing pin or any of the extra stuff. It does have the nice sights. I was just wondering if it would be worth selling or just keep it for my history collection? How much do these things go for? I have tried to look online but it seems some are very pricey where some aren't worth 100$. I guess I am just seeing what y'all would do.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I see the prices at gun shows, but i don't see any of them going out the door. Gunbroker would be a better place to watch or check prices. Parts are available for them. I paid $85 for mine and another $93 for all the internal bolt parts, that were missing.

As for what I would do. I would keep a cool piece of WWII history, especially if it came from my grandfather. Its not worth alot anyway.

Do you know the story behind it? I don't know the story behind my type 99, but have a friend with a nice early model that a supply clerk traded two cartons of cigarettes for.

CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    Depending on what "extra stuff" is missing, the rifle would probably not be more than $100.00 in value. Get the firing pin and shoot it, have some fun with history. Research the arsenal and date of manufacture as homework for extra credit.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Keep it for sure. Not going to sell it for much most likely, so it would have much more sentimental value coming from my grandfather. Honestly even if it were worth a good bit, I would have a hard time selling a firearm given to me by my grandfather. To each his own though, good luck! If you decide to sell it, post it here first!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom