Armadillo hunting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JP762

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    River Ridge
    We have Armadillo problems at the camp and in my experience you just gotta catch em with the. 22 and rifle light when theyre out, or make a trap.... snare trap would do it.

rsmoree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Mississippi
    Put up a motion activated light in your garden and instead of putting a light bulb in it ,put a screw in plug in ,and plug up an extention cord to it. Run the cord to your bedroom window and plug in a radio tuned in to your favorite station. When the critter walks by the radio will wake you and you can grab a light and a 22 and have some fun snipeing.

Scottie

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Jumping DILLO....

Put up a motion activated light in your garden and instead of putting a light bulb in it ,put a screw in plug in ,and plug up an extention cord to it. Run the cord to your bedroom window and plug in a radio tuned in to your favorite station. When the critter walks by the radio will wake you and you can grab a light and a 22 and have some fun snipeing.

Scottie

Exactlt.....I just love how they junp if you don't crack them just right lol:}

dhwwy2lmahebpcug3tb.jpg

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Thats one thing I miss about living in texas, we used to shoot at least one a week with my dads winchester 9422M.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City

Scottie

what kind of redneck macgyver **** is going on here

AFFS

When seconds count...
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit and then I'll put some fresh grubs in a nylon in the cage. I have a suppressed Walther P22 waiting for it.

LA Trapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Natchitoches
    Do what was suggested with the boards and make a large"V" or funnel right up to the trap. It will bump the board with his side and walk right into the trap. Been doing it for over 40 years. Now, the trap, if it is a decent size dilla, you better have a strong trap. I have seen wire traps made a mess of by a decent size dilla. Like they said earlier cover the bottom wire floor or he will back out. If it is a hava heart you might stake it down. When those suckers start jumping they put out some power and will turn your trap over, so the door may come open. Now you have an educated dilla.

Those suckers are amazing at how high they can jump and how fast they sprint.

If you hit one with a sharp broadhead and he came from the neighbors, that is where he will return, to die and leave them the stink. Shot a lot of them with my bow. They agravate me when they show up at prime deer time (just before dark) and won't leave.

Good luck

buck3050

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    LaPlace
    I agree with La trapper on the setup. I've been catching 15 to 20 a year for the last several years. If you have an active hole they all seem to find it. I do the same. If you think a hole is active push the dirt back in the hole and check it the next morning. I use the hava hart with the locking door. Never had one get out. If its around your flower bed guide them into the trap using planks or small pieces of plywood. Most of the time is luck but you never know.

Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    My step-dad caught 30-something in a live trap, over a 2 month period, baiting with over-ripe bannanas. They apparently had a large nest under the neighbor's slab, which was overgrown with weeds. I gave him a box of CCI Subsonic Segmented Hollowpoints .22's, he said they worked real well.

Top Bottom