Armed Police refused service again.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Yea they changed their policy a year ago or more?
    and started putting signs on the door.

From Defensive carry;

Makes no sense :doh:

Pretty sure the Lake Charles BWW has this sign on the door.
    8665d1358872746-no-guns-allowed-buffalowildwings.jpg

How bout wing stop on Ryan? I gave up on BWW when my buddy ordered a pbr and was charged like 5 bucks for a sing cheap ass beer. Screw that place lol.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have never seen the sign on the BWW on Bluebonnet by the mall. My girlfriend wants to get wings tomorrow night...I like Pluckers better though, and they don't seem to have a problem with people's rights. Oh, and their wings are bigger and better. Better service too.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Their wings suck and I don't spend money where I'm not wanted. Winning.

"Cheers, Bitches.":cheers:

kiss-my-ass.jpg

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    For some reason I thought I saw that they had a class a liquor license...

I'm going to get bashed for this probably but I think the firearm restriction laws should apply equally to LEO and CCW with very few exceptions (gov't buildings, etc) and those only for on duty.... If a store wants to ban firearms then police shouldn't be allowed to carry in there either unless its an emergency call.

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    Guys, before you write them off, check with the restaurant. Most of those are franchise owned. It may have been only the franchise policy and not system wide.

Leonidas is correct on this one.

Pretty sure the Lake Charles BWW has this sign on the door.

Nope, check again. We ate there this past Sunday, while carrying. I know the GM and he is a strong 2A supporter who loves to talk shooting and going to the range.

Buffalo Wild Wings as a company does NOT allow ANY legally licensed person other than the police to carry a handgun into the premesis of their restaurants. Period.

And just where did you get this information? BWW does not have a corporate policy on the matter and leaves it to the franchise owner to determine the policy for their locations. A few months ago when the picture Hitman posted was plastered all over facebook, I wrote an email to the contact information on BWW's website. I had a phone call within an hour from the local franchise owner. He asked if I had personally seen the sign on the door of our local BWW (Lake Charles). I said no, and that I assumed it was a corporate policy, as was stated online. He explained what I typed above. He went on to say that he is a CHP holder in the state of Texas and a 2A supporter. He also said that he would not put any restrictions on his customers that he would not put on himself. He said that all of his stores (I forget how many, but there were at least 12 in East Texas and South Louisiana) welcome legal carry and will not have signs posted against it.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    And just where did you get this information? BWW does not have a corporate policy on the matter and leaves it to the franchise owner to determine the policy for their locations. A few months ago when the picture Hitman posted was plastered all over facebook, I wrote an email to the contact information on BWW's website. I had a phone call within an hour from the local franchise owner. He asked if I had personally seen the sign on the door of our local BWW (Lake Charles). I said no, and that I assumed it was a corporate policy, as was stated online. He explained what I typed above. He went on to say that he is a CHP holder in the state of Texas and a 2A supporter. He also said that he would not put any restrictions on his customers that he would not put on himself. He said that all of his stores (I forget how many, but there were at least 12 in East Texas and South Louisiana) welcome legal carry and will not have signs posted against it.

I obtained my information from my usual source, I made it up and pulled it straight out of my ass.

Well I certainly didn't have the pleasure of speaking to the CEO of the company, and I'm not doubting that you had to conversation you claim to have, however...

If BWW does NOT have a corporate policy about this, wouldn't it behoove them to at least come out and SAY SO? All they would have to do to deflect a **** ton of hate is to come out and say "Hey, don't be mad at us guys, we don't have a position, we leave it to the franchisee."

But no, they won't do so. Why? Because it IS their corporate policy.

Buffalo Wild Wings corporate headquarters issued a statement to KDKA-TV saying: *Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms. One of our top priorities is the comfort, safety and enjoyment of our Guests and we have elected to exercise our right to prohibit the carrying of firearms in our company-owned restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this long-standing position is in the best interest of our Guests and our Team Members. This position may vary in independently owned franchised locations.*

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/01/25/buffalo-wild-wings-under-fire-over-controversial-gun-stance/

Ray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    I can not speak for other franchises or corporate locations. Lake Charles, Beaumont, Port Arthur, Alexandria, Monroe, Houma, and Covinton are not included in this ban. I assure you until the law states otherwise we will not an are not participating in this ban. I am the General Manager of the Lake Charles location. Port Arthur and Beaumont are our Texas locations all the others are Louisiana locations.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I can not speak for other franchises or corporate locations. Lake Charles, Beaumont, Port Arthur, Alexandria, Monroe, Houma, and Covinton are not included in this ban. I assure you until the law states otherwise we will not an are not participating in this ban. I am the General Manager of the Lake Charles location. Port Arthur and Beaumont are our Texas locations all the others are Louisiana locations.

Good for you, Ray. I'm sincerely glad to hear it. But when I know that the company that your franchise represents doesn't respect my rights, I won't spend a nickel there.

Ray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    That is your right sir and I wish I could speak for them on national level but they did this at other locations long after my franchise bought in. We can not control the corporate policies no more than they can control our companies policies. I hope That not everyone will condemn all for some others views or policies. This effects us and we have zero control over corporate polices or other franchises policies.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Lemme tell ya'll a story about ketchup.

Heinz makes the absolute best ketchup in the USA, bar none. Del Monte? Please. Hunt's? GTFO.

I seriously f*cking LOVE Heinz ketchup.

But I will not buy it. Why? Because I don't want that piece of **** John Kerry (he served in Vietnam), to get get one more stinking penny from my pocket
    than he already gets just for being a government flunky. So therefore I must draw a line in the sand and say NO! I will not buy your delicious ketchup, John Kerry.

Now does John Kerry have one thing to do with Heinz ketchup other than the fact he married the widow of its founder's son? Nope. But he has tainted Heinz ketchup
    for me and it makes me sick when I think about it.

It's the same way with Buffalo Wild Wings; Some of the franchise owners may be fine upstanding people who support America, fly the flag and love guns. But the brand is tainted in my eyes and I won't patronize them.

Ray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    I have was in Houma a month ago at our location there and unless the store manager at that time who is no longer there put it up on her own, there is no sign. I will check on it now.

Ray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Just got off the phone with the Houma location to verify and we have no sign up banning firearms at that location.

Top Bottom