Armed robbery in broad daylight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Another craigslist deal gone wrong? Who would have thought.

I wouldn't blame Craig's List. The problem was the location. Target in a busy mall?? Too many Trans-genders stopping in to use the restroom. Walmart parking lots, much safer.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I don't think the issue is the location. The issue is the person he was meeting. The guy is a criminal and had zero intentions of paying for what ever they were meeting up for. I've traded/sold dozens of things with people from bayoushooter, and EVERY single of the guys I met were very polite, nice and usually professionals. I posted something on LA sportsman once, and all the responses I got were people that just didn't sound "right". So I retracted my item for sale. I've also run across some scum trying to sell phones on craigslist and will never use that site ever again also.

brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    the news media has the story all wrong, there was never a craigslist ad for any gun, i dont even recall the last time i used craiglist to buy or sell something

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    You need to contact the media and have them correct the story. Of course they will say some unknown JPSO told them this and you wont be able to find this mystery person. None the less, go on record attempting to correct the story.
    Also contact the JPSO investigator on your case and inform him you want it corrected.

May not seem not like much, but its false info and you should make every effort to have it corrected

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    So Friday I was a victim of armed robbery, at Target on Clearview around 5pm, broad daylight. New Orleans (yes even in Metairie) is just getting out of control... seriously, these people are just getting too bold and not giving a **** anymore. Stay safe and beware of your surroundings, I thought I was but I was very wrong and lucky he didn't shoot, otherwise I probably wouldn't be writing this right now.. too bold. To those who carry, carry everyday.

anyone that knows me well knows I'm good at shooting and very accurate.. my shooting competition videos speak for itself. but i just couldn't let myself take a life yesterday. New Orleans man...

**update** Just to clarify, those of you who said you'd shoot no matter what have most likely never been in this situation. I knew what I was doing, and yes, I did draw my firearm from concealment and had 3 different opportunities to shoot but decided not to. I can make decisions under stress. It may have been a different story if my family was with me, but I was alone. He was lucky I decided not to pull the trigger, and so was I that he didnt. You people have to realize, this was in broad daylight at Target on Clearview. There is foot traffic going on constantly at that mall and this is one reason why I decided not to pull the trigger. Paper targets dont shoot back, but I dont train with paper targets. Just be aware of your surroundings, he walked up like he was going to "his" car and thats when things took a turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFK6E1W29x0&index=11&list=PLscB-49EdZcujso1xgAPXCBIMhhEjzQHj

*update* http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/05/jpso_seeking_laplace_man_in_me.html

screen-shot-2016-05-02-at-50258-pmpng-201fe331f2c9cbe5.png

Could you elaborate on how you had "three opportunities" to shoot?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I don't think the issue is the location. The issue is the person he was meeting. The guy is a criminal and had zero intentions of paying for what ever they were meeting up for. I've traded/sold dozens of things with people from bayoushooter, and EVERY single of the guys I met were very polite, nice and usually professionals. I posted something on LA sportsman once, and all the responses I got were people that just didn't sound "right". So I retracted my item for sale. I've also run across some scum trying to sell phones on craigslist and will never use that site ever again also.

I've bought and sold dozens of stuff from craigslist (never guns, electronics, jewerly ect.), and to date the biggest problem I had was driving further than I wanted for tires that werent as advertised. If it doesnt sound right I dont bother. If they seem like they are in a big hurry I slow things down a bit.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    You need to contact the media and have them correct the story. Of course they will say some unknown JPSO told them this and you wont be able to find this mystery person. None the less, go on record attempting to correct the story.
    Also contact the JPSO investigator on your case and inform him you want it corrected.

May not seem not like much, but its false info and you should make every effort to have it corrected

Lol.... You think the media gives 2 shits about facts of a story? Especially if it goes against their current agenda.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Lol.... You think the media gives 2 shits about facts of a story? Especially if it goes against their current agenda.

I 150% understand. Being on record trying to correct it is the point of my comment. "...go on record attempting to correct the story." The reason he should make every effort to correct it is due to that agenda you speak of.

What's "LOL" criteria here is me thinking you could read and comprehend.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I 150% understand. Being on record trying to correct it is the point of my comment. "...go on record attempting to correct the story." The reason he should make every effort to correct it is due to that agenda you speak of.

What's "LOL" criteria here is me thinking you could read and comprehend.

The media is not "on the record" for any useful purpose. The only time "on the record" would matter is in court.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Seems like about 90% of the thread starter's post on here are buying selling guns you would think he would get a store.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Its not anything new about crime out of control. 25 years ago....I was driving at the corner of Tulane and Carrollton when I witnessed a purse snatching. I chased the guy down...pointed my gun at him and told him to drop the purse. He dropped the purse.....And when I told him to get down on the ground...He laughed at me and turned around and walked away.
    I wasn't going to try to physically apprehend him...nor shoot him. Criminals are very well versed with what they can get away with. Always have been really.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Its not anything new about crime out of control. 25 years ago....I was driving at the corner of Tulane and Carrollton when I witnessed a purse snatching. I chased the guy down...pointed my gun at him and told him to drop the purse. He dropped the purse.....And when I told him to get down on the ground...He laughed at me and turned around and walked away.
    I wasn't going to try to physically apprehend him...nor shoot him. Criminals are very well versed with what they can get away with. Always have been really.

You're lucky you didn't get shot.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles

Did you report that incident to the police?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

I bet he would not have laughed if he would have been beaned with a broken piece of concrete.

Top Bottom