Army Selects New Camouflage Pattern (Scorpion)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    chinese-highland-camo-group-5.jpg

Was noticing it looked pretty similar to this - with some variation in the dyes of course.

But then again it is all subjective.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Lol, I've got degrees and a dd214 that says I do. Do you even know what fleck is?

Degrees in what? The comparison you posted is a pixilated digital pattern using an entirely different color pallete. Flecktarn was an analog pattern using yet another color pallete. The
    Only common thread between the 3 is the fact they are all camo patterns. What did you do in the Military?

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    Degrees in what? The comparison you posted is a pixilated digital pattern using an entirely different color pallete. Flecktarn was an analog pattern using yet another color pallete. The
    Only common thread between the 3 is the fact they are all camo patterns. What did you do in the Military?
    What have you done in life? You seriously should quit trolling people and learn to carry on casual discussion. It isn't exact but it obviously is a derivative - Germans wore something very similar in Afghanistan back in the early 2000s. The one foot test isn't really the measure of it, that's more an examination of minutiae. But like I said it is all subjective.

And I can assure you that America's choice of uniforms is NOT a science, but it should be (hence UCP). IQI is legit but it seems politics plays a bigger role in Army uniforms than anything else.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The German pattern is a didgital dirrivite of their old analog pattern. What have I done? Nothing but I wasn't the one getting chaste about degrees.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    That is what you receive a clothing allowance for.

I just miss the old BDU's that we had back in my day. There was just something about that uniform when it was worn in garrison starched with spit shined boots and a black beret. That is the black beret that was actually earned through hard work, blood, sweat and a few tears. Not the one that was just given to all the poags because of complaining and whining!!!

i dont know what you did while you were in, but my clothing allowance barely covered 2 uniforms and 1 pair of boots a year. considering i went thru at least 2 sets of boots, and 6 uniforms a year. and thats not including class a stuff.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Clothing allowance? All I did was head over to the Central Issuing facility and DX all of my **** uniforms ;)

I left Iraq with about 14 sets of unused tops and bottoms and 8 extra pairs of boots too... Always gave the Supply SGT my Louisiana Gold hot sauce when we'd swing by the FOB for a refit

I noticed the ACU pattern over the course of a tour began adopting whatever colors of the terrain we fought in and stained those colors inadvertently

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    i dont know what you did while you were in, but my clothing allowance barely covered 2 uniforms and 1 pair of boots a year. considering i went thru at least 2 sets of boots, and 6 uniforms a year. and thats not including class a stuff.

Ranger Regiment allows DXing of unserviceable uniforms via the CIF on a one for one basis. Awesomeness has it's privellages.

Top Bottom