Army SF Guys -- Need Guidance

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Starting in The Regiment is the exact same thing I recommended to the OP. Preferably in God's Own 1st Batt. Who, on the eighth day, he created to own the night, seize all of the Devil's Airfields, Hit the hardest of Hard Targets, and raid so audaciously that the rest of the world would be envious. But hey maybe I'm biased...

You know what....... nah, nevermind, not worth the energy! :ohreally:

Last edited:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    You know what....... nah, nevermind, not worth the energy! :ohreally:

I started this epeen contest, so I'll take responsibility for it lol. For those of you that aren't in the service and have no clue what's going on: Scouts stir the pot at the bar, being really arrogant and making everyone else shout "Oh yeah?! Well My MOS / unit is better because...", and the infantry, apes that they are, get offended and start a bar fight with everyone else. We ninjas then leave out the back; we're far too good looking to get messed up in a bar fight, after all. Original trolls ftw.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    I've been reading this thread the whole time. I thoroughly appreciate all the advice I've gotten from everyone who has btdt. Definitely learned more from you guys than I did talking to a recruiter. I am looking at my options, but I want to make sure Im in scary shape before I attempt. I can already pass the APFT, but I know that isn't gonna cut it.

Thanks again,

Gavin

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I've been reading this thread the whole time. I thoroughly appreciate all the advice I've gotten from everyone who has btdt. Definitely learned more from you guys than I did talking to a recruiter. I am looking at my options, but I want to make sure Im in scary shape before I attempt. I can already pass the APFT, but I know that isn't gonna cut it.

Thanks again,

Gavin

Okay! Good! I am glad you were still paying attention. And I would try to use some form of the old addage, "Listen twice as much as you speak, that's why God gave you two ears and only one mouth!" But I don't know how that would apply on the internet at a keyboard with two eyes and ten fingers. :dunno:

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    the best advice i can give you to pass sfas is to put on a ruck and boots and go. start at 30ish lbs and work up to 80lbs.

and get off road. the majority of your stuff is gonna be humping a heavy ass ruck off road thru sandy soil.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    The air force has combat control, pararescue, & forward air contollers. Normally one would visit a recruiter, take the asvab, be placed in a job based on your asvab scores, and are sworn into the military. During basic training, you are given the option to TRY out for their SF group.

Edmond

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Ft. Polk
    Look on the bright side, if things don't work out and you end up being an 11B, you could request for Polk and be close to home. No one in their sane mind requests Polk because no one wants to come here. Since no one wants to come here, they will send anyone here that asks. :eek5:

Top Bottom