army surplus baton rouge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I want the current plastic 2qt. military canteens for an upcoming vacation, and the army surplus store off airline is closed. I seem to remember another store in town, but don't remember the name or location or website. Anyone have this information? I'd rather buy there than online. Thanks.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Today most local army surplus stores don't sell much surplus, mostly new stuff and cheap Chinese reproduction stuff and expensive tactical gear (5.11, etc). Perret"s in Kenner and Slidell Army surplus should have the 2qt canteens. If you aren't in a rush ebay is a good place for surplus.
    If you are ever in Fort Walton stop by Fort Walton Surplus on Beal Parkway, they usually have a lot of real surplus.

Last edited:

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    I want the current plastic 2qt. military canteens for an upcoming vacation, and the army surplus store off airline is closed. I seem to remember another store in town, but don't remember the name or location or website. Anyone have this information? I'd rather buy there than online. Thanks.

There used to be one in Hammond that was really small but packed with surplus stuff. Lots of used gear that ex-troops had sold to him. Don't know if its still open because I haven't been there in over a decade.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    bump for a good store, went to Sgt. Surplus on denham road, not sure about a greenwell springs and sullivan location. Small, but useful inventory. Got my canteen, a new holster, and my kid got a cranial (after he saw it, he wasn't leaving without it. Normally a saver, I think he would have paid any price for it). Also had lots of jackets, pants, new and used boots, flashlights, ammo boxes, worth the trip just to browse.

http://sgtsurplus.net/index.html

Top Bottom