AS PROMISED: Top Shelf Gun Show! July 23rd

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Folks, as promised in a previous discussion, Top Shelf Sports (in association with Bayoushooter.com) is going to host an "old school" type of gun show. This will not be advertised to the public outside of bs.com. The objective is to have "like minded" people show up for a swap meet where we can trade, swap, show off, meet and greet, etc. That being said, you are more than welcome to invite others, even if they are not bs.com members. Please do not post about the show in any other public place or forum. We are not going for any record number of people here and making a profit is not a priority. This is simply for us to be able to get together and have a real gun show. Dream catcher vendors not allowed!!!

Details: The event will take place at Top Shelf Sports in Youngsville, LA on July 23rd from 8am-3pm. The address is 1616 Youngsville Hwy. 70592 (located at the corner of Hwy 89 and the new Ambassador Caffery Extenstion). Admission will be $8, kids under 12 are free but must be accompanied by an adult (we have an arcade in the building to keep the kids busy). For a booth/table, admission will be $25. TOP SHELF CAN NOT PROVIDE TABLES TO PEOPLE WANTING A BOOTH. We only have 8 tables here so we can not give them out. If registering a booth, please bring your own tables!!! Paying for a table will get 2 people in (so you can still roam around and leave your table attended). Also, Top Shelf can not provide electricity to tables. Please do not bring an extension cord and ask us to plug in.

Aside from the arcade for the kids, we also have a concession stand in the building which will be open for service. (coffee, sodas, sports drinks, candy, nachos, hot dogs, pretzles, etc.)

Like any other gun show (or firearms related event), safety is our #1 priority. All firearms being brought into the show will be inspected at the door and actions will be zip-tied. Concerning CCW: !THIS IS IMPORTANT SO PAY ATTENTION! Top Shelf has a Class E alcohol permit We sell beverages with an alcoholic content of 6% or less (beer only permit). The "sports arena exemption" is there because we are not a bar and have minors in the building on a regular basis. I have checked with the proper authorities on this one: because this is a private event and guns are not being sold by FFLs or individuals in a place where alcohol is being sold, we are in the clear. Beer will NOT be sold to anyone during the hours of the event so please do not even ask.

Space for tables is limited so if you would like to pre-register a table, please send an email to josh(at)topshelfsports(dot)net. When we get closer to the date of the show, I will give an update on available space and number of pre-registrations. Please do not send me a PM on this one.

We also need a group of volunteers to help us work the door. The employees of TS are not exactly gun educated people so I do not want to put them in a situation where they might overlook something or damage someone's property. We are looking for 6 people total (2 people per 2 hour shift) to sit at the door and inspect/tie wrap firearms. Working as a volunteer will get you a table at the show for free if you wish or just free admission, your choice.

If anyone has any questions, please post them here in this thread. I will answer them here so I don't get 200 emails asking the same question. I'm sure I have left something out so please ask.

Last edited:

geauxshootin

LA CHP Training and more
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Prairieville
    Josh,
    Glad to hear this event shaping up!
    If setting up a table, will there be access prior to 8 on the 23rd?
    Only non-FFL gun sales allowed? Many sponsors and other members are FFL dealers, so we should NOT plan to conduct any sales associated with an FFL?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Sounds awesome, great job getting this together. I will definitely be there if possible. I have a box o' crap to sell, but doubt I'll need a whole table. If anyone wants to split a table I'd be interested. Or I'll possibly volunteer at the door.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    I'd be glad to help at the door.....but my work schedule will not allow me to commit to anything until last minute :(

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Josh,
    Glad to hear this event shaping up!
    If setting up a table, will there be access prior to 8 on the 23rd?
    Only non-FFL gun sales allowed? Many sponsors and other members are FFL dealers, so we should NOT plan to conduct any sales associated with an FFL?

Alan,
    Good questions. As for getting into the building early, yes that will be available. I'm thinking somethink like 6:30-7:00am we could start letting people in who are setting up tables.

As for your second question about FFL sales... I spoke with a number of authorities, both local and state, about our specific type of permit and firearm possession. My original description of the situation in regards to FFLs was poorly worded. At no time was I ever told that someone representing a FFL could not sell a firearm at this event. When I spoke to the various agencies, I described the event as a "by invitation" swap meet. I also made it clear that regardless of weather or not it was legal, we would not be selling any alcoholic beverages. The represenatives said as long as the person(s) who were in possession of a firearms were not drinking then it shold not be a problem.

That being said, I would like to say that any site sponsor or member who is a FFL is more than welcome to attend. My original post should have said "since FFLs are not selling firearms in a place where alcohol is being sold". I will edit that to be more clear.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    So if I want just a table, the show will provide that? How about chairs for behind the table?

We can not provide a table due to not having enough but, we do have a good number of chairs. I think we have close to 100 chairs so unless we have more than 50 booths, I think we can help people out. I would still suggest bringing some chairs of your own if you can.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I had a feeling this was at topshelf... I used to play hockey there back in the day! If I'm in town I'll definitely stop by.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    For anyone who plans on setting up a table or booth, I am going to try and designate a few hours on the night of the 22nd (Friday) for people to get in and set things up. An announcement will be emailed a couple weeks before to anyone who emails me with an inquiry about a table.

Top Bottom