AS PROMISED: Top Shelf Gun Show! July 23rd

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    I'd like to go but I don't know if my car will make it. Anyone from Mandeville/Covington area wanna car pool? I'll put up $20 for gas....

I am considering going, and was going to post about car pooling from St. Tammany. I will decide when it gets closer to July 23rd. I will let you know. I have a Dakota club cab so there is room for more.

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    This sounds so great!!

I do have one question: I am a private duty nurse and have a patient who is handicapped (in a electric wheel chair). He's a great person and loves guns, gun people, etc. In fact, part of what I can do for him is to provide avenues for him to shoot, hunt, etc.

Question #1 Is the building handicap accessible?

Question #2 If the answer to question #1 is yes, would it be o.k. to invite him?

Thanks,
    Marc Price

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    This sounds so great!!

I do have one question: I am a private duty nurse and have a patient who is handicapped (in a electric wheel chair). He's a great person and loves guns, gun people, etc. In fact, part of what I can do for him is to provide avenues for him to shoot, hunt, etc.

Question #1 Is the building handicap accessible?

Question #2 If the answer to question #1 is yes, would it be o.k. to invite him?

Thanks,
    Marc Price

Marc,
    The building is definately handicap accessible and your friend is more than welcome to attend. Being in a wheelchair will not be any problem what so ever. There are handicap parking spots within 10 feet of the front door and a sidewalk ramp. Looking forward to meeting you both!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Since you are having volunteers checking in guns at the door, may I suggest you provide some specific safe point or bullet stop for CC'ers to unload their guns BEFORE they enter the building.

I went to a Lamar Dixon gun show and there was no place near the entrance to safely unchamber a round without pointing the muzzle at either concrete, bricks, people, or straight up in the air. There were people everywhere.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Since you are having volunteers checking in guns at the door, may I suggest you provide some specific safe point or bullet stop for CC'ers to unload their guns BEFORE they enter the building.

I went to a Lamar Dixon gun show and there was no place near the entrance to safely unchamber a round without pointing the muzzle at either concrete, bricks, people, or straight up in the air. There were people everywhere.

Unload before exiting the car. We would prefer that people not pull out loaded guns at the front door.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    We still have plenty of space available for tables. Please contact me if you are interested. I tried to price the table space for individuals as well as dealers so people could bring collections to show off or bring large quantities of things to trade/sell.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Does anyone know if there will be ANY Baby Eagles at this show? I really like them from what I see online but I've never had the opportunity to hold one and I really don't want to drop almost $500 on a gun that I've never seen in person or held in my hand. Thanks.

geauxshootin

LA CHP Training and more
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Prairieville
    Talked to Greco yesterday, sounds like there will be some cool door prizes given away at the BS Gun Show. Find someone to split a table with and bring that box or two of stuff you forgot about and will never use again.
    I am looking forward to seeing alot of BS folks that I know and meeting many more.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    That sounds great. I'd show up and pay the door price just to encourage this kind of thing to keep happening. I'm not in the market for anything, afaik, and I don't -think- I have anything I need to get rid of (will have to check the war room and see) but being just down the street makes no reason to avoid it.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    If anyone going to this needs a table, I have an 10' folding table someone can borrow, just need to pick it up in new orleans.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I'll be bringing as much random crap as I can stuff into my wife's car as well as a few tables and some bayoushooter stuffs of course. HOPEFULLY we will have patches and/or hats by then but not sure on that.

I will send out another reminder email next Monday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom