AS PROMISED: Top Shelf Gun Show! July 23rd

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ray Adams

Ray
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    Gun Show

There is a little confusion:

Is Concealed Carry Allowed?

Is Open Carry Allowed?

If so why would they be unloading?

I will be there and am looking forward to it.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    There is a little confusion:

Is Concealed Carry Allowed?

Is Open Carry Allowed?

If so why would they be unloading?

I will be there and am looking forward to it.

Ray,
    Sorry for the confusion. The purpose of having guns checked and zip tied at the door is to ensure that there are no safety hazards walking around the building (a potentially loaded gun). We will not be employing the TSA to do full body scans at the door so if someone really wants to CC, they will more than likely get away with it, but if anyone is seen with a loaded gun in the building, they will be asked to leave immeadiately. If someone would like to Open Carry their zip tied gun, they are more than welcome to. To answer you question about why somebody would be unloading: somebody may want to bring in their CCW to try and sell or try on different holsters. In this case, unload before walking up to the door and have the gun zip tied by the door attendant.
    Hope I have made some of these things a bit more clear.
    Thanks,
    Josh

Last edited:

latour50

Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I will be there! I will bring a six foot folding table and three folding chairs for anyone who needs to use them.

This show is a great Idea!

Latour

Kajanone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Reloading supplies?

Josh: do you know if anybody will be selling powder, primers, etc? I am running low on some supplies. Thanks for putting this on!

Kajan one

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Kajan,
    I am not sure what all of the guys will be bringing. I think a small majority of the tables will be regular guys just looking to trade/sell a lot of things out of their personal collections. I found about 400 Winchester Small Rifle primers and 150 69gr Nosler bullets that I plan to bring to put on my table. I do wish one of the big reloading guys would come out (like maybe LA Gun and Reloading). I could use some things as well.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I think it's a great event, and appreciate all the work you've put into this to make it happen. How many people committed to a table thus far?

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    So far, I have about 20 committed tables. If all of the guys that said, "I might set up a table" showed up, we would have over 50. Being that this is a fun get together and not an attempt at making big bucks, I have not been pushy with people on getting a table. If I wanted to have as many tables as possible, we would have invited the dream catchers, peanut vendors, blah, blah, blah...

In my eyes, its going to be a hybrid gun show/swap meet. I don't think the number of tables set up will make the event great, although it would be nice to have a lot of things to look at. What will make this event awesome will be the turnout in general. We have lots of space for people to mingle hopefully show off and do some tradeing.

Last edited:

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Sounds as though you have 20 tables, can't count on those "I might show" guys. They'll let you down every time. You're right, the tables won't necessarily make it a great event, but it will be nice to walk around and see what's up for sale. I'm hoping more will be walking around with a gun, and are looking to trade / sell.

Last edited:

carson123987

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette/Baton Rouge
    Hey guys, I will be selling Crossfire sunglasses at the show. They are polarized, stylish (look like Costas), extremely comfortable, and the durability is unmatched. They are rumored to be able to withstand a .22LR rd from 50ft. I ony have 50 in stock so come early; they sell very fast. Perfect glasses for fishing, hunting, working, and everyday usage. See Y'all Saturday!

Carson

Top Bottom