Ascension pony cars

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Anyone know why joe closed shop? Finally got my Mach 1 down here after having it in storage for years, and they closed this month.

As well, anyone know how if joe is still doing any mustang restoration type work or involvement? Will be needing resources for my build over the next few years.

P.s. where did all the cars end up?

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    As far as I know Joe is out of the business. Last time I went by there, probably a month ago, there were a bunch of cars being towed out from behind the shop/office. He had his number disconnected some time ago...probably a year or so..I asked him about that and he said he was going to get out of the business and look for a real job. He hasn't done any body/paint restorations for years and just did tranny and engine rebuilds up till he threw the towel in..
    What year Mach 1? What kind of work needs to be done??

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    71 Mach 1 351C car, pretty basic, no other options except auto. Needs full restoration, body is straight and complete, I have all parts for the car. Including a broken windshield :/

I will be doing a resto mod. Disc brakes, roll down 1/4 windows, upgrade suspension, upgrade rear end, maybe 4-link, stock paint, larger mag 500 rims, a few other things I think need improvement, and put in a stroked 351C. Going to take out the numbers matching motor I have now and put it on the side.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Sweet. Like to see more of these cars around...I've been driving the 71-3 bodies since I've been driving, which was 1978. Have had the car in the avatar since 1989. Keep us posted on the progress!!

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    I'll probably be giving you a call looking for advice and suggestions then! I just bought a house in Gonzales last summer so I'm back in the area. I have never seen that car on the roads in prairie vile, how often she come out of the garage?

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    She doesn't get out a whole lot these days..My two kids in HS occupy a lot of my off time and when the weather is good I like to go do some marsh fishing. Waiting for it to warm up a bit. Used to make the Cruise nights at Tanger, which is now going to be at the Cabela's parking lot since the mall has built some additional retail buildings where the show used to be. I used to show it in TX, Florida, and Mid America Shelby meet in Oklahoma till about 4 years back. My car, which I restored to drive on good days and have fun with, is not at all competitive with the other Bosses. Mustang Club of America has no street driven class for Bosses or Shelbys for that matter so I'm blown out of the water. Those care are Concourse driven or trailered and supernice. Showed well at the local level where folks appreciated seeing a rare car, on of only 1806 made. Anyway, it stays home more than anything.
    Bayoupiper, what year torino body are you looking for???

Top Bottom