Asian Glock 19 mags?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I had a couple of cheap asian mags for my G17 that I got from cheaperthandirt. If I only put about 10 rounds in them they seemed to work okay. Any more than that and I'd have fail to feeds. I gave them to a coworker to mess with as they weren't worth my time. I don't think he ever got them to work propery :dunno:

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I have several of the "kci" ones. I have had 0 problems with them. I have used them in classes and the range. They handle drops to the concrete ok and still function. I do consider them disposable though. I won't cry if/when they do start failing. I think I bought most of them back when they were $2.99 each :)

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I don't own a GLOCK anymore. But I heard from GLOCK user that the South Korean one's were complete garbage. I don't know if this is one of those.

Dave

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I normally just buy Glock mags myself, but I have 2 KCI mags that came with a G19 that I recently bought from a member here. He swears by them for cheap range mags, says he has never had an issue with them. I have yet to have an issue with the 2 that I have. They look almost identical to glock mags, the only real difference I can see is they will allow one round to shake around inside the mag when it has about 6-13 rounds in it. Nothing that affects function though.

I say, if you can get them cheap enough, get a few and use them as strictly range mags. If they do end up having issues, then that will give you some good practice clearing malfunctions and changing mags. By all means, do yourself a favor though and stock some factory mags as well. You never know when you will need more than just a couple of reliable factory mags.

If you do buy some, make sure they are KCI. The others are junk.

Last edited:

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    only OEM Glock mags for me, but I did buy some of the KCI mags for 2 dollars a piece a while back just for the hell of it. Only use them at the range, but they worked ok

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Like everything else they have had a few "revisions", early generations were outstanding clones of an OEM Magazine and ran fine, I assume quality control was no longer an issue to them since there was a big world wide market fr them after a few years. I gave some away about a year ago, the "plastic" was pressed very poorly and the follower would stick in areas were the inside of the mag was not smooth. The guy I gave them away to said he water sanded them down and they run without issues now, as mentioned before as range mags to create problems would be about the only real use I see for them.

They are also good for shaping kydex

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom