Asthma

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Interesting????

Store up on inhalers? Perhaps learn some type of homeopathic remedy outside of science?

I heard you were from mars, surely you guys have this beat?;)

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    Interesting????

Store up on inhalers? Perhaps learn some type of homeopathic remedy outside of science?

I heard you were from mars, surely you guys have this beat?;)

yeah... but it's this crap air you earthlings continue to pollute... we don't have this problem

You should come hang out sometime. I can teach you to be a rockstar vatican assassin! Maybe even introduce you, personally, to Charlie Sheen!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    yeah... but it's this crap air you earthlings continue to pollute... we don't have this problem

You should come hang out sometime. I can teach you to be a rockstar vatican assassin! Maybe even introduce you, personally, to Charlie Sheen!

I ain't from here either!

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I am a diabetic on insulin and I have about 2 years worth stored up. I would strongly suggest to build you a stash of your asthma meds as best you can.

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Steam and caffeine would probably have some benefit in cases of mild attacks...

If it's a serious attack with severe bronchiospasm, i.e. status asthmaticus, neither will be of any significant benefit...

Stock up on the inhalers or keep a home nebulizer with plenty of bronchiodialators, i.e. Albuterol or the similar, handy....

There is one other thing that would be extremely beneficial and potentially life-saving in a severe episode, but I'm not going to put up on here....

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    Yes, I take advaire for my asthma. I've stacked up 5 months worth over the past few years by skipping 1 dose here and there over a long time (as my insurance only pays for 5 months)

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    You can also use primatene mist or tablets, its otc and isnt good for you, but if you need it, its better than nothing....

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    If you are going to get tablets get the Bronkaid tablets at CVC, etc. They are twice as strong as the Primitene so you can break them in half and get the same dosage or take the whole thing in a severe attack. You can get 60ct boxes of it also and its a lot cheaper than Primitene. CVC has their own brand also that is the same strength as Primitene but cheaper.
    Primitene might be the only inhaler over the counter however.

Bunker Hill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Get a perscription for Advair, ask the doc to make it for two uses a day (you'll only need one). That will allow you to store 30-days worth of extra meds every 60 days. I have well over a year's supply stocked already and counting. I'm shooting for three years extra supply on hand by the end of 2012. Advair rocks BTW - I've not had an asthma attack in years.

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    Get a perscription for Advair, ask the doc to make it for two uses a day (you'll only need one). That will allow you to store 30-days worth of extra meds every 60 days. I have well over a year's supply stocked already and counting. I'm shooting for three years extra supply on hand by the end of 2012. Advair rocks BTW - I've not had an asthma attack in years.

See, I'm actually prescribed to take it every 12 hours. So, if I take it regularly, then 1 disc is 30 days. However, you can typically order it a few days early every time you fill it. Over time, you can pick up 1 or 2 extras that way. And, as I stated before, sometimes I have skipped a dose here and there, and gain an extra few days each month

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    IMHO, inhaling steam would be your best bet in a SHTF/EOTWAWKI scenario. Any stocked meds will eventually run out. A massive stockpile will make you immobile.

Otherwise, like the dialysis patients or diabetics <sorry Jimdana>, for example, it's just a matter of time before it kills you.

Anyone read a book titled "One Second After"?? You should. I've about come to the conclusion that I wouldn't care to be one of the survivors.

http://www.amazon.com/One-Second-Af...7252/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330203005&sr=8-1

Top Bottom