At least Lou Dobbs has common sense

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fallingbird

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Metairie
    As much as I did not want to watch O'Reily tonight, I did. Lou Dobbs did get a few sensible pro gun points aired. I don't know how he stuck around the CNN clan for so long, seeming that he is more like a true social and fiscal conservative.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I saw it...He exposed the ignorance of O'Reilly on this issue in wholesale fashion.

fallingbird

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Metairie
    Agreed, he did well and educated Bill. Bill might even be smart be smart enough to listen.

O/Reily can save face by letting Dobbs argue a few points on another show, and then maybe agreeing with him. I waited to see if there were any letters at the end of the show that addressed Bill's 2A faux pas; there weren't. I'm sure a lot of e-mails were sent to his show about his arrogant AK-47 stance, but he's not showing them.

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    I got so irritated I emailed, and I NEVER respond to talk shows!

Bill,

I was hoping that your ignorance of the existing laws on purchasing Class III firearms (fully automatic) and misguided definition of "heavy arms" were simply results of faulty research on the part of your staff. Typically your show has held itself to a higher standard of content than those of, say, Bill Moyers or Chris Matthews.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt after Monday night's broadcast, but once again on Tuesday you blithely spouted out the same false statements at Congressman Shaffetz who even informed you (correctly) of the $200 federal tax that must be paid for each item.

A simple search of the ATF website would have provided the correct information and procedures that, since 1934 have, governed the highly regulated purchase of fully automatic firearms (the real assault weapons). Extensive background investigations conducted by the FBI are required before any purchaser can take possession, which can be a wait of 6 months or more.

The United States Army doesn't even consider the standard issue M16 or the .50 caliber Browning machine guns mounted on humvees and tanks as "heavy arms".

While I believe you have been, and will continue to be a powerful voice of constitutional conscience, for those two nights you were wrong and pinheaded for not thoroughly checking your facts.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I got so irritated I emailed, and I NEVER respond to talk shows!

Bill,

I was hoping that your ignorance of the existing laws on purchasing Class III firearms (fully automatic) and misguided definition of "heavy arms" were simply results of faulty research on the part of your staff. Typically your show has held itself to a higher standard of content than those of, say, Bill Moyers or Chris Matthews.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt after Monday night's broadcast, but once again on Tuesday you blithely spouted out the same false statements at Congressman Shaffetz who even informed you (correctly) of the $200 federal tax that must be paid for each item.

A simple search of the ATF website would have provided the correct information and procedures that, since 1934 have, governed the highly regulated purchase of fully automatic firearms (the real assault weapons). Extensive background investigations conducted by the FBI are required before any purchaser can take possession, which can be a wait of 6 months or more.

The United States Army doesn't even consider the standard issue M16 or the .50 caliber Browning machine guns mounted on humvees and tanks as "heavy arms".

While I believe you have been, and will continue to be a powerful voice of constitutional conscience, for those two nights you were wrong and pinheaded for not thoroughly checking your facts.

Excellent response. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom