ATF Determines that the Rare-Breed FRT-15 Trigger is a Machine Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    WHOA!?! REALLY?!? LIKE, IN PERSON? YOU ARE COOLER THAN THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PILLOW!
    What is your point? It is NOTHING like full auto. You have "tested" them? For whom? DARPA? Technology Branch? This is the part where you claim "your employer" asked you to "evaluate" them.
    Technically it is my job

It's just my thoughts. I love how yall attack for something I feel. Lol. Ya'll have no idea.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Stonehenge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Slaughter
    But Rare Breed didn’t send a trigger to the ATF and they also forgot to say Mother May I…
    Pretty much what happened with the Honey Badger.

Basically yes. But they gave that up the second they realized going to court would get them a loss on the books because they don't get to make the laws, or interpret laws in a way other than how they are written. The HB is not a stock designed to be shouldered and would be uncomfortable to do so, just like blade braces.

FRT15's just like all the other legal triggers still require a cycle of the trigger per shot, not technically or legally a machine gun. The AFT knows this, the law states this.

If they don't abandon this it's simply because they feel emboldened or pressured from above, because there is no way they could win this in a court without an activist judge and jury.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Ever shot one?

I have indeed.
    I’m not challenging your belief about the trigger. You’re welcome to that. I just laugh a little when I hear someone say fully auto because it just sounds funny to me.
    As far as automatics go, I’ve shot many over the years. Some operated on an open bolt, some did not. There were many subtle differences in the way they felt when shooting them, but they all fired bursts with a single pull of the trigger and stopped when I let go. The FRT does not function like that. Neither do the Franklin Binary or hyper fire triggers I own. I shot a few rifles with bump stocks years ago and they don’t function like an automatic either.
    The ATF wants to ban these triggers because they can increase the cyclic rate but they do not make a rifle a machine gun any more than using your belt loop to bump fire one. It’s all hype on their part and intelligent gun owners aren’t buying into that nonsense. They will continue to scramble, as always, to make the definition fit their agenda and their bottom line, which is to regulate, ban and otherwise infringe on our right to keep and bear arms.

Last edited:

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Technically it is my job

It's just my thoughts. I love how yall attack for something I feel. Lol. Ya'll have no idea.

No entity seriously considers that POS for use in a life safety role. With the exception of a private shooting range relegating it to rental duty, it has no place in a commercial or public safety application. Law enforcement has no need for such an obvious liability, not to mention unrestricted ability to purchase real select fire options, in the rare circumstance where it is warranted.

This is the part where you indicate that are unable to divulge the entity or it's intended application, due to "international security" concerns. I suppose the previous T&E that you can conducted was on TAPCO accessories and Ram- line folding stocks for their arsenal of SKS rifles, or Harbor freight generators for disaster relief missions. It was easy to see the mall cop ninja "employer evaluation" coming; if nothing else, you are predictable.

The LA A.G. has no interest in it, and local law enforcement can't pursue it through municipal ordinance, so the argument can't even be made that it was tested for the purpose of legal regulation, in case you were trying that approach.

Be yourself. We are all here because we have a general interest in firearms and wish to learn by exchanging information or experience. Some members were fortunate enough to combine our hobby with government service, but that is irrelevant in most cases. No one attacked you for your personal views, they simply criticized your attempt to qualify those personal views by pretending to be an authoritative industry insider. Empirical data and experience will stand on its own, without embellishment or claims of shadowy service to secret rogue agencies. BS is an abbreviation for Bayou Shooter, not a recommendation on conduct.

Last edited:

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    THAT would explain all the secrecy! They are in collusion with the Chinese to produce an unlicensed clone of the FRT, known to mall ninjas as the "Farce Resume Trigger," or "FaRT," to those in the know. Couch commandos and Walter Mitty types accept no substitute.

A "friend of a friend," is with the CIA SWAT's "Trigger Weight Analysis Team" T.W.A.T., but the name is still classified, so you didn't hear it from me. They just refer to it as "The Eunuch," and their motto is something in Greek, but it translates to: "remember, anal is the first part of analysis"

He said the program is being spearheaded by Eugene Stoner and Mikhail Kalashnikov, R&D. Saddam Hussein, chosen for his reputation for strict discipline and efficiency, is running it. Pablo Escobar is in charge of shipping and receiving, and Elvis is handling public relations.

These naive civilians think they are dead, but those in the FaRT community know better; they are working for the real power brokers, known as mall ninjas, in exile, as part of the Wit-Less Protection Program. We are just not cool enough to be trusted with such closely guarded secrets; it must be nice, maybe someday...

Last edited:

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    THAT would explain all the secrecy! They are in collusion with the Chinese to produce an unlicensed clone of the FRT, known to mall ninjas as the "Farce Resume Trigger," or "FaRT," to those in the know. Couch commandos and Walter Mitty types accept no substitute.

A "friend of a friend," is with the CIA SWAT's "Trigger Weight Analysis Team" T.W.A.T., but the name is still classified, so you didn't hear it from me. They just refer to it as "The Eunuch," and their motto is something in Greek, but it translates to: "remember, anal is the first part of analysis"

He said the program is being spearheaded by Eugene Stoner and Mikhail Kalashnikov, R&D. Saddam Hussein, chosen for his reputation for strict discipline and efficiency, is running it. Pablo Escobar is in charge of shipping and receiving, and Elvis is handling public relations.

These naive civilians think they are dead, but those in the FaRT community know better; they are working for the real power brokers, known as mall ninjas, in exile, as part of the Wit-Less Protection Program. We are just not cool enough to be trusted with such closely guarded secrets; it must be nice, maybe someday...

BoilingSlipperyIberianemeraldlizard-max-1mb.gif

george-of-the-jungle-throw-head.gif

Top Bottom