ATF says pistol braces are NFA items

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Like i said earlier... All this going on and where is the NRA????

In the atf's pocket thats where. They are like all the other coward republicans who wouldnt stand with trump with this bull crap election... The NRA doesnt stand for our rights.. That is why i would never give a penny to them, they are a corrupt orginization that isnt there for its paying or gun owning community...

show me one post from them that shows theres an issue with poly80's or braces and they stand with the people..

https://www.facebook.com/NRA/
    Don’t forget about all the employees they have and pay with the donations from people who are not in the know, buy a gun or two, and then donate because they think it’s going to a cause they support.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    This part is not true. Check out this link for a Hunting Forum in the UK. They can own all kinds of bolt action, lever action, and single shot rifles that just about come standard with silencers on them.
    There are 6 species of deer to hunt in the United Kingdom that range in size from Chinese Water deer at around 20-50lbs to elk sized Red Stag with hunting season lengths that makes our seasons seem paltry in comparison not to mention bag limits. https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/
    You do have to get permissions for ownership of firearms and for land to hunt on but you can bag more game in one year than most of us can hunt in a lifetime especially on cull hunts. Silencers add about $200 to the price of your rifle with no NFA year long hurdles for ownership.

your taking what I said out of context. Sure they can own more than what I stated but my point was they have Done bans on pistols and several other firearms and it has done nothing for violent crime.

Saying they can own all kinds of rifles that come standard with cans is a stretch. Think about everything they have to go through just to own one of the approved guns. I’ll pass on that. I like my liberties how they are now and even better how they used to be. It would be a very sad day in American if we adopted the same laws as the UK.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    dont think they been knowing about this and flooded the market with the $80 braces before they were forced to close shop to not loose out there butts huh lol

What is this guy talking about? I’m pretty sure he said in order to make a pistol legal you’d have to put a 16 inch barrel and a stock on it... did I miss something? Is the ATF now declaring all AR pistols to be NFA items? (and AK, etc) how about just making sure you have a pistol buffer tube installed and ditch the brace? I’m pretty sure there are plenty of AR pistols out there that still don’t have a brace on them. What a freaking mess.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    your taking what I said out of context. Sure they can own more than what I stated but my point was they have Done bans on pistols and several other firearms and it has done nothing for violent crime.

Saying they can own all kinds of rifles that come standard with cans is a stretch. Think about everything they have to go through just to own one of the approved guns. I’ll pass on that. I like my liberties how they are now and even better how they used to be. It would be a very sad day in American if we adopted the same laws as the UK.

That wasn't my intention and no, I don't want to live under a system where I have to get permissions in order to own something of greater power than a Daisy Red Rider BB gun.
    I was under the impression before looking on that forum that they could barely own anything firearms-wise and had to jump through so many hoops to do so that it is was just best to forget the whole thing. The same permissions to obtain a hunting firearm are used to obtain the can for said firearm an can be obtained at the same time as the firearm. Look on their used firearms for sale section where they list the firearm for sale and they are listed as coming with a silencer in the package deal.
    No, you can't list it for sale and then do the transaction at 9pm on the same day in a walmart parking lot.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Preliminary ATF documents published by the Prince Law Blog may show a move to classify firearms outfitted with pistol braces as items controlled under the National Firearms Act (NFA). If the move is formalized, it could potentially affect hundreds of thousands or even millions of gun owners in the United States, forcing them to make a choice: remove their pistol braces and destroy them, register their guns as NFA items or change the barrel length to anything over 16 inches. The revised look at the way pistol stabilizing braces are categorized is not necessarily a surprise. For years the ATF has scrutinized the configurations of certain braces, announced that a brace cannot be legal shouldered and most recently issued a cease and desist letter to Q, LLC regarding the brace on the honey badger pistol.

As background, rifles with barrels under 16 inches in length and a shoulder stock are classified as regulated items under the 1934 National Firearms Act. Invented and pioneered by SB Tactical in 2012, pistol stabilizing braces focused on allowing shooters to better handle large pistols, many of which are built around the AR-15 platform. These pistol braces rapidly gained popularity as shooters saw they could have rifle-style firearms as pistols without registering them as NFA items. The below unofficial document titled Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with *Stabilizing Braces* has yet to be published in the federal register and may change or be discarded completely.

We’ll keep you posted on any additional information as it becomes available.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I wonder if this is coming around because of all those idiots on YouTube showing off and shouldering their pistols using the brace. I figured that was bound to get the attention they were craving but not in a good way.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I wonder if this is coming around because of all those idiots on YouTube showing off and shouldering their pistols using the brace. I figured that was bound to get the attention they were craving but not in a good way.

And all of the ones carrying them during the counter protest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom