ATFE to be done away with?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Proabably a good idea, since in the near future I'm thinkin they will be dealin with a LOT more E than A's, T's or F's

After all we are letting in unknown numbers of roadside bomb builders

Thank U mr's Bush and obama

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    "IF" they decide to disband the ATFE, you have to wonder how we would actual benefit from it. You have to wonder what further restrictive legislation will be passed to "compensate" for the decrease in 'overview and enforcement'. The liberals may use it as an opportunity to sneak in 'necessary' gun control laws.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    "IF" they decide to disband the ATFE, you have to wonder how we would actual benefit from it. You have to wonder what further restrictive legislation will be passed to "compensate" for the decrease in 'overview and enforcement'. The liberals may use it as an opportunity to sneak in 'necessary' gun control laws.

FBI and DEA would take over these responsibilities. No change in anything other than the agency's name we are beholden to.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    ATF only has 450 agents? I can't say I would be upset by this occurrence, I'd much prefer state's make their own rules on these matters (not that it would happen).

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    It'll never happen. Just like closing gitmo never happened. We're still in Iraq/Afghanistan. It's nothing but political grandstanding to deflect our attention. Then they're counting on our societal Alzheimer's.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    http://townhall.com/columnists/kati...doj_considering_elimination_of_atf/page/full/

Apparently there are some people in DC looking to stop the bleeding when it comes to Fast and Furious and their plan to do so is to terminate 450 ATFE agents, disband the agency, and make it look like Obama takes this illegal operation very seriously. What do you guys think?

I think I better get my Silencer's Form 4 approved first or instead of being angry and frustrated I will be very angry and frustrated.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    ATF only has 450 agents? I can't say I would be upset by this occurrence, I'd much prefer state's make their own rules on these matters (not that it would happen).

Yeah, but there IS one wrinkle there. For those of us with Class 3 weapons, we would be further encumbered passing between states, or maybe across states, with them. I agree more power should go to states, but I think this one would be better left as a federal deal in some aspects. Tough question/situation.

sonanth

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    When that International Treaty, (forgot what its called), is signed, they won't need the ATFE anymore. We won't be able to own anything other than shotguns and .22s.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Proabably a good idea, since in the near future I'm thinkin they will be dealin with a LOT more E than A's, T's or F's

After all we are letting in unknown numbers of roadside bomb builders

Thank U mr's Bush and obama

Yep. Recall that Clinton let in 100,000 Iraqi Republican Guard after Gulf War I. But never fear these guys (if they don't defect to the American people's side) will work for Big Brother. That you can bet a pot of gumbo on!

Oh, watch CLOSELY the moves and counter moves in Eurasia and North Africa.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Yep. Recall that Clinton let in 100,000 Iraqi Republican Guard after Gulf War I. But never fear these guys (if they don't defect to the American people's side) will work for Big Brother. That you can bet a pot of gumbo on!

Oh, watch CLOSELY the moves and counter moves in Eurasia and North Africa.

Me and my uninformed self...did NOT know that about the 100 K Republican Guard...that was Saddams hi dollar shock troops right ??

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Me and my uninformed self... did NOT know that about the 100 K Republican Guard...that was Saddams hi dollar shock troops right ??
    Yep. That is what was claimed. There was also some Hong Kong police that were claimed by some to have been brought here. I think similar numbers. Never verified the latter. I understand that a lot of the Iraqis went into Detroit. I never got into TOO deep with conversations because you never know who or what you're talking to.

There are large Lebanese, Chaldean - (i.e., Iraqi Christians), Jewish, Russian, Hmong, Armenian, Chinese and Hispanic populations in the Detroit Metro Area. Each has it's underworld/organized crime syndicate, too.

ROCKBEN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    Will never happen. This goverment will never make a move that would not GROW a BIGGER GOVERMENT. I have also heard rumbling of disbanning the Department of Eduncation and giving the power back to the States. Dont hold your breath. If BATFE was disolved it would be a chess move by Obama administration for something even bigger.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Will never happen. This goverment will never make a move that would not GROW a BIGGER GOVERMENT. I have also heard rumbling of disbanning the Department of Eduncation and giving the power back to the States. Dont hold your breath. If BATFE was disolved it would be a chess move by Obama administration for something even bigger.

Obama and Biden have been too worried with raping our economy to worry about our guns. If we are too poor to buy guns, they don't have to ban them, right?

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Yep. That is what was claimed. There was also some Hong Kong police that were claimed by some to have been brought here. I think similar numbers. Never verified the latter. I understand that a lot of the Iraqis went into Detroit. I never got into TOO deep with conversations because you never know who or what you're talking to.

There are large Lebanese, Chaldean - (i.e., Iraqi Christians), Jewish, Russian, Hmong, Armenian, Chinese and Hispanic populations in the Detroit Metro Area. Each has it's underworld/organized crime syndicate, too.

Ok, I'm staggered...never had a clue although it makes sense...the immigrants are for the most part not people happy with their " other life "

So we have multiple underworlds in effect...how many agree with hate the USA ?? From what I see it's MOST

Top Bottom