ATN X-sight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Anyone have one yet? Opinions?
    It sounds too good to be true, but I am contemplating ordering one.
    Does it have a "delay" when you move it? Is it overly complicated by features that I will probably never use? Is it good as a daytime scope and nighttime as shown? DOes it need a good IR light attached to it to really work? Is it useful at 100+ yards? Does it hold zero well?
    I know it is a lot of questions, but like I said, it seems too good to be true. I have seen a lot of reviews, videos, etc, but don't know anyone that has one in hand yet.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    The tech eyes price is a lot cheaper than anyone else but it seems their back order list is long. I was thinking of ordering from optics planet

mtran6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Gretna, LA
    I have one ordered through techeyes since Feb 6th. Talked to them today and they said ATN should drop ship my 3-12 version by the end of the week. Need a place to test it out though.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I was able to do get one of these a while back as a beta tester. The version that was lent to me to demo was a nice package. The clarity was decent and the functions were not hard to figure out. We were asked to give suggestions as to what we would change on the unit and a whole list of pros and cons. The biggest problem with the unit that I tested was the battery life (it looks as they got that fixed in production). The second biggest issue was the night blindness that I got from the LCD display while hunting at night. The dimming feature that was available on it didn't have enough range to allow me to dim it enough on really dark nights to keep me from having bad night blindness in one eye (blindness for more than 5 mins) I have been told that they fixed that problem too. Before everyone runs out to buy this unit because they think they're getting a uber clear day/night scope there are a couple of things that you should factor. First, this unit is a Digital unit and uses a light sensitive chip to decipher the nighttime picture, it isn't the gen 3 technology where it is contained in tubes. Second, you are looking at the image on an LCD display inside of the unit (a small TV screen) the image will look like you're looking at a little TV. Thirdly, (and most important IMHO) the price point is $600+- and for that price you're getting a really good optic, but it still isn't in the quality range of the $2000+ market.
    If you keep these points in understanding, then I think you'll be very happy with your purchase. I hope to see some range reports on the units when tall get them. I had a really fun time testing mine out and hope y'all do too.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I have one ordered through techeyes since Feb 6th. Talked to them today and they said ATN should drop ship my 3-12 version by the end of the week. Need a place to test it out though.

The thing that turned me off about tech eyes is they are constantly advertising discounts and at the bottom of the page they say 2-3 months before shipping. Others have them in stock right now.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I can tell you that it's leaps and bounds ahead of Gen1. Digital Night Vision has come a long way in the past year. Some of the things that I have demo'd in the last 6 months has surprised me in the function, clarity, and price.

mtran6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Gretna, LA
    The thing that turned me off about tech eyes is they are constantly advertising discounts and at the bottom of the page they say 2-3 months before shipping. Others have them in stock right now.

This will be my first and last time I pre-order anything. Probably first and last time ordering anything with Tech Eyes. Only bad thing I can say is that I paid in full at the time I pre-ordered. They have had my $$$ for 9 months and I still don't have my gear. I blame them and ATN. Curtis with Tech Eyes has provided good customer service thus far though.

Any future purchases will be made through Ultimate Night Vision. I understand that they did not require a payment until the item ships. They also have good reviews online. I prefer to buy local but could not find a dealer that sells NV gear in the NOLA area.

I would call any vendor before ordering an X-Sight and make sure they have it in stock. I spoke with an ATN regional sales rep who stated they have a huge backorder at this time.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom