Attention HP owners:Need some holster help

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I'm looking for a quality leather holster for my HP. I'd like a top snap for it, as I plan to carry it with me when I'm out in the woods. Suede Lined is a plus.

I looked at Bianchi's 19L, but read the reviews and they say the top snap doesn't fit very well when cocked and locked.

Doesn't look like galco has anything with a top snap.

Any other holsters out there that you recommend?

I've looked at Ross Leather, and I think I may get one of them, but I'd rather get something that I don't have to wait 10 weeks for.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Try the Galco F.L.E.T.C.H. model. I've used them for 1911's and revolvers for years. FBI cant, high and tight with a thumbsnap for between frame/slide and hammer (I prefer this type as well as you).

You might also want to try a similar version by Don Hume Leather. Same basic profile but it has the bonus imo of being a 3 slot version so you can carry crossdraw if needed/wanted.

Sorry I don't have pics but a trip to either companies websites ought to hook you up. And unlike the "custom" makers, you don't have to wait for these to ship. Would be suprised if you don't have your gear inside of a week, if not being able to find local dealers who stock.

As a second thought, consider the classic Bianchi X-15 shoulder rig. This is a straight drop carry (as opposed to the "Miami Classic" horizontal types) . What made me think of this one is that it fits so many models (an X-15 medium wil hold HP's, 1911's, and 4-5" K/L frame Smiths or similar sized Colts, including SAA's :) , all in one product) and shoulder carry is a VERY viable woods carry method, particularly in cold weather. Both holster and body protect the weapon and you don't have to "dig" under a coat to reach your gat.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom