Attracting hogs...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Chicken McNuggets and Goldschläger works well, but you can find them at Curves pretty much any time of the day or the self-help section at Borders. I quit hoggin' in college. I'd rather just use the internet now. It's less messy, and you don't have to put up with that "you're such a dick" crap.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Chicken McNuggets and Goldschläger works well, but you can find them at Curves pretty much any time of the day or the self-help section at Borders. I quit hoggin' in college. I'd rather just use the internet now. It's less messy, and you don't have to put up with that "you're such a dick" crap.

HUH!?!?

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006

LOL! :rofl:

It was a joke, he was referring to large women, not actual feral hogs. :mamoru:

CAB39

Slowpoke Rodriguez
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    South Louisiana

I don't care who you are that's funny!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    CORN and SOY beans!!!!!

Eventhough Tulse Luper forgot to add, that all you have to do is buy them a drink at the bar and u guaranteed to drop them panties hahahahaha!

They AINT used to attention.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA

I almost pissed myself :rofl:

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.

This is what I was thinking.

Yeah, I mis-understood the question at first too.:(

Al

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    What kind of attractant or baiting do the fellow hunters here on Bayoushooter use to attract feral hogs?

Guate nailed it- particularly when it comes to corn.

If you you've got hogs, and you've got corn, they'll be more than willing to meet you halfway. (In other words, if you've got hogs in the area and put our corn for them- they will gladly come and suck up all you're willing to put out.:)

Are you trying to attract them for hunting or trapping, Dave?

BBQ- on private land your corn & kool-aid can be used during deer season whenever you like (as long as you are following all the other rules involving deer hunting;))....There's no law IN LA that prohibits that....

Last edited:

jjss

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Mar 13, 2010
    New Orleans
    if you look in the section at sporting goods stores(ive seen it at academy) by the doe in heat and buck urine, they have a sow in heat and the male pig urine......i can't attest to the results, but it may be something to consider

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Corn is the cheapest thing and works well. All the sweet smelling syrup attractants work well but buying it constantly adds up. I put corn out and add just a touch of hog wild so they can smell that a long ways away. What really drives em nuts is too take a post hole digger, dig a narrow hole as deep as your willing to work and put corn, hog wild, used motor oil, or anything else with a calorie in it. They will dig for a week before you have to rebait.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    actually... at the feed store in new iberia, ricebran is actually cheaper than corn $6 instead of $7... the squirrels, coons, and birds won't tear it up like they will corn, so it will last longer until the hogs find it. It smells very strong and they love it. Once they do find it... they will DESTROY it.

We also used to put salt licks out on top of stumps and the hogs would just about remove the stump from the ground trying to get at it. But I would imagine they would find the rice bran much sooner than the lick.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    Corn is the cheapest thing and works well. All the sweet smelling syrup attractants work well but buying it constantly adds up. I put corn out and add just a touch of hog wild so they can smell that a long ways away. What really drives em nuts is too take a post hole digger, dig a narrow hole as deep as your willing to work and put corn, hog wild, used motor oil, or anything else with a calorie in it. They will dig for a week before you have to rebait.

+1 on this too

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010

LOL! :rofl:

It was a joke, he was referring to large women, not actual feral hogs. :mamoru:

Boy, this one went right over my head. I shouldn't be online at 11:30PM.

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Soured corn or soybean works well. Table scraps work too. A tub in your fridge to dump all of your table scraps in and bring it to the woods the morning of your hunt... just make sure you are sitting there when the hogs find it because it won't last long.

It is legal in Louisiana to bait unless you are on a WMA or Preserve. Just can't use sweet potatoes. They are illegal.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

:rofl:

Beat me to it (and did a much better job). And I repeat... :rofl:

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.

+2

Top Bottom