ATV trails?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    I'm looking for public areas to ride trails in the nearby areas (that WON'T get me in trouble lol), and I've come across Bonnet Carre Spillway (sp?). It seems to be somewhere outside of New Orleans, and is listed to have atv trails. Anyone ever been there? Would it be worth the drive from Picayune? If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. All the woods and trails I rode when I was 15-16 is now considered illegal and we would get run off or in trouble if we rode it- its stupid.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Bonnet Carre is a nice place to ride and is located near Laplace. You have to wear a helmet while riding. There are two areas to ride there if both are open. You may need a WMA permit since th La/. Wildife took Bonne Carre over or may just need a fishing license.
    There is hunting there also and is limited to shotguns only with buckshot for deer hunting or birdshot for small game hunting. I don't think you can even have a .22 rifle out there.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Cool, thanks for the info. The helmet thing kinda throws me off, but I'd try it. I have no interest in hunting, just looking for new places to ride. I typically buy the $2 WMA pass to go to Honey Island, think that would suffice?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Nice area. Lots to do. Fishing, bowfishing, hunting (never tried there though), there's an RC field there even. Nice view of the river.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I'm looking for public areas to ride trails in the nearby areas (that WON'T get me in trouble lol), and I've come across Bonnet Carre Spillway (sp?). It seems to be somewhere outside of New Orleans, and is listed to have atv trails. Anyone ever been there? Would it be worth the drive from Picayune? If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. All the woods and trails I rode when I was 15-16 is now considered illegal and we would get run off or in trouble if we rode it- its stupid.

Red Creek in MS. I went there a few times and it was pretty nice.

http://www.redcreekoffroad.com/

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Bonnet Carre is a joke. If your going to drive that far Id suggest Tower Trax by the interstate outside of Greensburg LA (on I-55). I ride there alot with friends. 2200+ acres and they change it up often. Its $20 to get in but IMO its reasonable to have a huge legal place to ride. Its pretty popular.

They also have Copiah Creek, Rattlesnake Hills, Red Creek, and Canal Rd...all of which are within an hour or so of you. Red Creek and Canal Rd probably within 30 minutes.

What kind of bike do you have?

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Seriously dont drive from Mississippi to go to the spillway. Im a lot closer and still dont waste my time there. Tower trax and red creek are way better options.

simplyorange

None Other Than.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Dutchtown
    sandhill atv id a 20 minute drive from you in wiggins, and its worlds better than the spillway, i live by the spillway and drive to your part of the world instead

http://www.sandhillatv.com/

we are going to forest hill sunday, its also a nice place to ride.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom