Aug 5th, 2012 Chapter Launch! A Girl and A Gun Womens Shooting League

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    My wife is interested too but worried she won't be good enough. Is this league newbie friendly?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

AuroraH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes very newbie friendly, membership is found on the website, before the launch its $40 for the year......then for special events there will be fees, just have her contact me if they are interested.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The leadership will be fellow qualified women that will be leading the group. Thank you Kade I appreciate it :)

My wife has some gun handling experience; but if I can get her hooked up with you; I would like her to be treated as if she never picked one up. My exceptional training techniques / her stubborness with having her husband tell her how to do ANYTHING; probably means she should start fresh.

Can I assume that you ladies can accomodate that?

AuroraH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is our group website www.agirlandagunclub.com/baton-rouge.html with tons of information about us and who the group is. As far as me, I am a new NRA pistol instructor, I was wanting a group that I could shoot with and be part of that was just women and that empower women and I found just that A Girl and A Gun. A Girl and A Gun Women's Shooting League, LLC is an organization established by women shooters for women shooters. All events on the range are supervised by NRA Certified Instructors or Range Safety Officers. We welcome "newbies" and appreciate experienced shooters as well. You do not have to be a member to participate, but if you are interested in joining the League, we have great perks! Julianna Crowder (http://www.theglockgirl.com/) and Renee Blaine (http://www.austinhotshots.com/) are our founders....both are well qualified instructors and competitive shooters. Let me know if you need anymore information on who we are, this is just the tip of the iceberg of who we are :)

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Hey Aurora! Glad you made it over, good luck and if you need anything let me know.

-Kade

I'm happy to see this. I was concerned with the date of registration and the user name, we had a crackpot. No offense Aurora!

I'm interested as well. But, I'm kind of curious what qualifications the chapter leaders possess too. :)

Last edited:

AuroraH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am a certified NRA pistol instructor and have the passion to learn more. I don't claim to know it all. I am there to learn from others just as well as the other ladies are :) -aurora, baton rouge chapter facilitator

AuroraH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just wanted post and update Ladies, That Stephanie Hayden Ford from Sons of Guns/Red Jacket Firearms will be in attendance to show her support for our group. Hope to see yall there!

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    Sounds good. Talked with the wife this morning and she's interested. Passed your email address off to her. Best of luck!!!

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Trying to get the kids off to the camp with the in-laws for the weekend so my wife can attend.
    How many are signed up to attend?

AuroraH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I so exited to see all the interest from everyone, we have had a positive response from many ladies, I don't have exact numbers but we are expecting a good turn out! Cant wait to meet everyone :)

Top Bottom