Aurora: 12 Dead, 59 injuried in Shooting @ 12AM Showing of The Dark Knight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I agree with most here that a single CC'er would have had a very difficult time making a difference. However 10, 20 or even 50 CC'ers could have given this guy the justice that he deserves. But then again, if that percentage of the population would arm themselves, these crazy ****ers would probably not do **** like this.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I agree with most here that a single CC'er would have had a very difficult time making a difference. However 10, 20 or even 50 CC'ers could have given this guy the justice that he deserves. But then again, if that percentage of the population would arm themselves, these crazy ****ers would probably not do **** like this.

That, I agree with. ;)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am also disturbed about (even though it is factual), his referrence to "Internet" ammuntion purchases. The douches are already foaming at the mouth on this tragedy; There WILL be repurcussions for those of us that purchase/purchased what we consider "normal" amounts of ammo on the interenet.

They say they have not gained entry to his apartment, yet they know "Everything he bought". Wow!

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    There is ALOT of; good chance, if, could have, may not, willing to bet...

If I'm not mistaken, there were off duty officers moonlighting for security (or hell, they may have been on duty) in the theatre. What exactly is your experience that renders you a better means to prevent unnecessary deaths than these trained individuals?

I'm not trying to be a snot but I think it is very important in our fight to maintain our gun laws and rights if we are very exact in our realistic ability and what would be out of everybody's hands.

This guy was hell bent. It didn't matter if guns were illegal. He would have created a bomb and blew the theatre up. He could have created hydrochloridic acid and threw it on people (maybe not death, but injury), Molotov cocktails. Hell who knows what. By playing Rambo, and suggesting you could have saved people with a CHP when the situation was flat out of control, you're going to be immediately discounted.

If you stick to reality, accept that for the immediate outburst, everybody was a target, gun laws have zero bearing based on his determination to kill, it removes the debate on whether or not we need stricter gun laws. The Left wing is going to go bat ****. If we throw commando scenarios at them, instead of the nut's reality, we're endangering ourselves.

I understand where you are coming from.

Was this a coensidense that he chose a theater, which happened to be close to his home, that was in a state that doesn't allow CC? I would venture to say that IF the majority of the population carried a firearm then someone like this guy, who obviously didn't want to be hurt himself, would think twice before doing something like this.

Yes, he could have blown the building up, or a number of other things, but had the majority of the crowd been armed, he would have more than likely been shot himself, or may have not even considered this in the first place.

gp184

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Hell, i saw a post on FB that said that this was a "false flag" attack to garnish more votes on the UN gun ban next week......:wtc:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Got another one. This time, kind of a question: Rifle/shotgun/pistol; 3 gun competition requirements!?! Where did he come up with that combo? I realize he is intelligent. I realize that he obviously is internet/computer savvy. Are we going to see the leap that he was easily influenced by internet gun or gun/competiton forums/postings?

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I am also disturbed about (even though it is factual), his referrence to "Internet" ammuntion purchases. The douches are already foaming at the mouth on this tragedy; There WILL be repurcussions for those of us that purchase/purchased what we consider "normal" amounts of ammo on the interenet.

They say they have not gained entry to his apartment, yet they know "Everything he bought". Wow!

I'm really really hoping he didn't use cash and the paper trail was the 4473s still on file at the sporting goods store. Because if not, I'm going to break out my tin foil panties. ;)

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I'm really really hoping he didn't use cash and the paper trail was the 4473s still on file at the sporting goods store. Because if not, I'm going to break out my tin foil panties. ;)

He was talking about the ammo, not the firearms. His guns were bought from stores, not from individuals.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I understand where you are coming from.

Was this a coensidense that he chose a theater, which happened to be close to his home, that was in a state that doesn't allow CC? I would venture to say that IF the majority of the population carried a firearm then someone like this guy, who obviously didn't want to be hurt himself, would think twice before doing something like this.

Yes, he could have blown the building up, or a number of other things, but had the majority of the crowd been armed, he would have more than likely been shot himself, or may have not even considered this in the first place.

I'm confused... Colorado has conceal carry laws.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well screw it. I had a thorough post explaining my earlier post and how saying 0 chance isn't the best idea that’s was my point, plus asking where in my post did I endorse engagement yata yata and the power blinked. ...yawn movie time, lata....

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Well screw it. I had a thorough post explaining my earlier post and how saying 0 chance isn't the best idea that’s was my point, plus asking where in my post did I endorse engagement yata yata and the power blinked. ...yawn movie time, lata....

That's one reason I like laptops more than desktops, I used to hate that.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we may soon be called upon to robustly defend what we believe is an inherent 'living' Right! Meaning; you may think that your life, your everyday routine, whatever gets you through the day; is all you need to get by. And you may think that it's all a dream. But the debate is already taking place whether you know it or not.

This pile of refuse (Holmes), whether you belive it or not; has set yet another gear in motion that may take it all away. Stand united when/if it happens.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla

It's all good, D. ;)

I'll accept we may have misunderstood or the post was a quick half thought without long clarification. As we said, you're usually a great mod leader with good thoughts. :)

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    If I'm not mistaken, they've said they know where he purchased the firearms and it was over a six month period. So it's more than ammo.
    Check post #1.

He bought 3000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of .40, and 300 shotgun shells over the past two months.

@ the start of this investigation the shooter was talking. By around noon, the shooter became uncooperative.

:)

Top Bottom